Coffeehouse Thread

58 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Star Trek Technology...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Let's say you have one wish. You can get a technology that hasn't been invented yet... but you can only choose from one that's in the Star Trek universe. Which one would you choose?

I would get the replicator!

• User profile image
    Adrian​JMartin

Captain Kirk's pheromone spray.

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

littleguru wrote:
    Let's say you have one wish. You can get a technology that hasn't been invented yet... but you can only choose from one that's in the Star Trek universe. Which one would you choose?

why not ask for more? everybody knows the holographic deck is based on replicator and fields technology so you would get 2 cool technologies in one :O

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

YearOfTheLinuxDesktop wrote:

littleguru wrote:

why not ask for more? everybody knows the holographic deck is based on replicator and fields technology so you would get 2 cool technologies in one

Yeah, but then again, I would just replicate a holodeck with my replicator.

• User profile image
    cornelius

a holodeck! that way I can drink all the beer i want without getting hungover the next day Smiley

im after starting voyager from start (borrowed few dvds from friends and have few series myself) its been along time since i watched ST and my god its full of some incomprehensible techobable!

my favourite star trek is deep space 9 (i watched most the episodes back to back last year) cause its more dark and has very good characters

after watching stargate and battlestar for last few years star trek kinda lost its appeal and is fairly cheesy at times to be honset, but there are a few gems of episodes here and there

i do hope they make more series soon as battlestar is coming to an end, sg1 is over and atlantis is pure cheese

• User profile image
    littleguru

cornelius wrote:
    a holodeck! that way I can drink all the beer i want without getting hungover the next day

im after starting voyager from start (borrowed few dvds from friends and have few series myself) its been along time since i watched ST and my god its full of some incomprehensible techobable!

my favourite star trek is deep space 9 (i watched most the episodes back to back last year) cause its more dark and has very good characters

after watching stargate and battlestar for last few years star trek kinda lost its appeal and is fairly cheesy at times to be honset, but there are a few gems of episodes here and there

i do hope they make more series soon as battlestar is coming to an end, sg1 is over and atlantis is pure cheesy

I hope they get a new ST series out of the door that is a lot better... btw. a few days from now I watched the final episode of Voyager... Are the borg dead? I didn't get that right...

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

cornelius wrote:

Ah, to understand it you just need to swap out the flux-capacitor of your computer to a new reconfigurable audio-interchange which will ionize the hydronosphere and bring the anti-matter shields back online.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

does a vulcanian ship counts? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Bas

evildictaitor wrote:

cornelius wrote:

Ah, to understand it you just need to swap out the flux-capacitor of your computer to a new reconfigurable audio-interchange which will ionize the hydronosphere and bring the anti-matter shields back online.

But that's suicide! It could create a temporal feedback loop that'll tear the ship apart!

• User profile image
    littleguru

Bas wrote:

evildictaitor wrote:

cornelius wrote:

But that's suicide! It could create a temporal feedback loop that'll tear the ship apart!

Not if you find a way to control the tachion flow!

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

The coolest technology ofcourse is the transporter!

No more traffic jams!

Scotty me up Beamy!

• User profile image
    Bas

littleguru wrote:

Bas wrote:

evildictaitor wrote:

cornelius wrote:

Not if you find a way to control the tachion impulse!

That's crazy... But it might just be crazy enough to work.

• User profile image
    Minh

Bas wrote:

evildictaitor wrote:

cornelius wrote:

Dude! Just reverse the polarity at the last moment and you'll cancel out the feedback loop. Of course, now you'll have a feedforward loop, but that's another story.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Bas wrote:
     That's crazy... But it might just be crazy enough to work.

Man it's easy... you only need to monitor the tachion emission on the console right over there... If you see a fluctuation you remodulate the impulse to 15 myrcon to fix it. with the modification that we did to the integrity level of the random-remodulating shields we should be fine for at least 15 seconds - that's exactly the time we need for the operation. after that tom will bring us to warp 9.8 to escape the anti-matter explosion that seals the gap in the temporal singularity...

muahahaha

• User profile image
    Bas

You guys should be writers on whatever new series comes out. I'd watch it just for the confusing technospeak.

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Bas wrote:

You guys should be writers on whatever new series comes out. I'd watch it just for the confusing technospeak.

Actually,...

Everything you see on Star Trek is based on somekind of scientific theory,.. So it's not all technospeak, there is some truth in there, somewhere.

Just my 2 tachions.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Bas wrote:

OMG! Don't bring me to write something like that... It would be awful and disgusting at least. A lot of technobubblespeach Big Smile

• User profile image
    odujosh

AdrianJMartin wrote:
    Captain Kirk's pheromone spray.

LittleGuru already premptively one uped you. Since you can make anything with a replicator.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.