Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Santa Claus killed?!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

ups! Expressionless

neowin wrote:

Microsoft has killed Santa Claus today, after an unsatisfactory attempt to restrain the North Pole-based jolly old elf from instant messaging children about oral sex.

Although Redmond has been challenged by compassion in the past, this appears to be the first time on record it has out-and-out killed the very manifestation of goodwill.

Father Christmas was subject to some controversy this year when given the seasonal ID northpole@live.com on MSN messenger. While mostly sticking to an approved and traditional regimen of asking children what they want for Christmas, the mere mention of pizza would send him into a provocative froth about love-making of the mouth.

Microsoft informed us about their troubling decision to destroy the spirit of Christmas this morning.

That's why he didn't answer anymore [C] I want my santa back on messenger *snif*

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

LOL

Eat it
    No
    Eat it
    No
    Eat it
    No
    Eat it
    What?
    You dirty little b******

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

There will be a time when the santa is coming back... Now I only need a server where I can run my application on... *think*

• User profile image
    Minh

I... find... it... hard... to... believe... this... story...

• User profile image
    ManipUni

I'm sorry but I have to quote the article's title...
    Microsoft's sex-obsessed RoboSanta spouts filth at children

Best. Article. Ever.

• User profile image
    jamie

• User profile image
    j0217995

How much spare time do you have to have to figure this out?

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

When easter eggs go wrong...

Makes me understand why companies sometimes sack people who they catch adding easter eggs.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

creditcard wrote:

GoddersUK wrote:

Makes me understand why companies sometimes sack people who they catch adding easter eggs.

Look at the good side, events like these are what keep the furniture industry in business.

Microsoft overhead F.Y. 2007
    Employees...........$6,589,987,937
    Free Choclate Milk..............$350
    Replacement Chairs......$14,948,342,987

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    It's funny because legend has it that Ballmer threw a chair once.

Whew, man, I've never laughed so hard in my life.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

GoddersUK wrote:

This won't be an easter egg. Noone at Microsoft is that stupid.

Seriously, this will just be the AI getting confused and reverting back to some previous conversation that the AI had with that person. You don't get told that the conversation previously talked about bad things, because that wouldn't make a good story.

If you look at the conversation in question, it's fairly clear that it's the type of thing they would put in there, just to see about the response.

I am pretty much certain that this is just a case of the AI getting confused, and the badness of the participant coming back at them and being taken out of context.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

ScanIAm wrote:

Apparently evidence given under oath in court is Legend now.

He also allegedly said he was going to "f**king kill Google". But then, we don't like to talk about that. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    jamie

j0217995 wrote:

How much spare time do you have to have to figure this out?

it was easy to remember the cio getting fired for "indiscreation" but no one really knew what he did... now we know

- although it was a month ago.. thought it was funny as you dont hear too many ms / sex stories Smiley

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

evildictaitor wrote:

ScanIAm wrote:

Apparently evidence given under oath in court is Legend now.

He also allegedly said he was going to "f**king kill Google". But then, we don't like to talk about that.

TFA wrote:

Ballmer issued a statement disputing Lukovsky's version of events which it described as a "gross exaggeration".

There's no proof of what happened on either side, but that isn't the point (and you know it).

It's like calling MSFT 'tha borg'.  It just isn't terribly clever or funny anymore.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

ScanIAm wrote:

There's no proof of what happened on either side, but that isn't the point (and you know it).

I didn't say there was proof. I said that it was given under oath in court (under penalty of purgery) and I also mentioned that he allegedly said ...

ScanIAm wrote:

It's like calling MSFT 'tha borg'.  It just isn't terribly clever or funny anymore.

If I say that you said Microsoft are "teh borg" on Tuesday at 8, then I might merely be a liar.

If I say in court that you said Microsoft are "teh borg", and you show the court that on Tuesday at 8 you were, in fact, not saying Microsoft were "teh borg" because you were live on TV at the time, then I would be a purgorer, and would go to prison for a long long time.

People might lie in court, but they're more careful about it, because the penalties for being caught-out are much stricter.

• User profile image
    Bas

ScanIAm wrote:

+1

'Lolol monkey boy thew a chair once M$ sux and windows crashes lolz'

Get over it already.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

evildictaitor wrote:

ScanIAm wrote:

I didn't say there was proof. I said that it was given under oath in court (under penalty of purgery) and I also mentioned that he allegedly said ...

ScanIAm wrote:

If I say that you said Microsoft are "teh borg" on Tuesday at 8, then I might merely be a liar.

If I say in court that you said Microsoft are "teh borg", and you show the court that on Tuesday at 8 you were, in fact, not saying Microsoft were "teh borg" because you were live on TV at the time, then I would be a purgorer, and would go to prison for a long long time.

People might lie in court, but they're more careful about it, because the penalties for being caught-out are much stricter.

Lovely.  I used the wrong word.

It still wasn't f*cking funny.

• User profile image
    evildictait​or

ScanIAm wrote:

Lovely.  I used the wrong word.

It still wasn't f*cking funny.

Calm down, dear. It's only a coffeehouse discussion.

I never said it was true and neither did I say it was funny.

I was merely pointing out for those who didn't know, that the story of Ballmer and the chair has slightly more backbone to it than many of the other anti-Microsoft stories on the internet because it was used as evidence in a courtroom.

• User profile image
    Bas

creditcard wrote:
    Yes, get over it DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS! DEVELOPERS!DEVELOPERS! err I mean niners.

Yes dear.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.