Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The rich man and the girl...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

    Does she really love him?

    I always wondered how it is, if somebody is rich... can you trust your friends? Can't you? How would you understand if somebody is your friend and somebody isn't? How would you understand if a girl really loves you or is only with you because of the money?

    How long could somebody fool you into being your friend - would somebody be able to do it until you are dead or bankcrupt?

  • User profile image
    mcampbell

    Wait. What?

  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

    you can't

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    littleguru wrote:
    Does she really love him?

    I always wondered how it is, if somebody is rich... can you trust your friends? Can't you? How would do understand if somebody is your friend and somebody isn't? How would you understand if a girl really loves you or is only with you because of the money?

    How long could somebody fool you into being your friend - would somebody be able to do it until you are dead or bankcrupt?


    Why care if you can trust them or not? 

    If you're rich, you can buy new friends! 

    If you're really, rich, you can buy your friends' familes.

    The whole purpose of getting rich is to control the people around you  Smiley


    I'm just sayin...

  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

    I know very well right now who likes me and who doesn't. I have two best friends, and depsite the fact that one of them is the most annoying a$s I've ever met, I love him and I wouldn't trade him for the world. The other, however, is down to earth and open, and tells me exactly what he thinks; and I appreciate it.

    If the idiots that tease my "ginger" (ITS STRAWBERRY FECKIN' BLONDE) hair or my geek-ness start being nice to them, I'd just get my 42 body guards to throw them in a river.

    If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Dodo

    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    Why care if you can trust them or not? 

    Maybe, they just know you, because you're wealthy and want to have some...
    ScanIAm wrote:
    

    If you're rich, you can buy new friends! 

    Those friends won't make you happy...
    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    If you're really, rich, you can buy your friends' familes.

    Kinda invasive of their privacy, they won't like it... and not everyone wants money...
    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    The whole purpose of getting rich is to control the people around you 
    No, getting rich means being successful in making money. Controlling others counts as some kind of majestic force...

    Maybe that's the way you'd think, but consider you really were rich, it'd be nothing special for you to be rich, so, you wont be as exited about it as you probably are now.

    Anyway, if you like a person, you won't care about that very persons objectives anymore, I think you'd be fine with that as you probably could efford it. There's neither wrong nor right, and the fact of others being envious of you because of money will always be given if you're rich, as we live in a world full of materialism...

  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

    littleguru wrote:
    Does she really love him?

    I always wondered how it is, if somebody is rich... can you trust your friends? Can't you? How would you understand if somebody is your friend and somebody isn't? How would you understand if a girl really loves you or is only with you because of the money?

    How long could somebody fool you into being your friend - would somebody be able to do it until you are dead or bankcrupt?


    Have you made a bloody ton of money, Christian?????? Wink

    If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    evildictait​or

    Ah, the pleasures of wealth.

    If I were a trillionaire I would hire many servants so I could say things like "You there! Fetch me the Financial Times. You two! Fight to the death!"

  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

    evildictaitor wrote:
    Ah, the pleasures of wealth.

    If I were a trillionaire I would hire many servants so I could say things like "You there! Fetch me the Financial Times. You two! Fight to the death!"


    Bend over... so I can put my feet up on you!

    If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

    Little Guru,

    regardless of if a person has money or not. How does some one judge a persons character? how do you know who is truely your friend and who is not? I think you bring up an interesting question. what is a persons motives for being friends. I have wonderd that some times, why i even have friends or what makes a person be my friend. I think a friend is some one who would stand by you through hard times as well as the good times.

    Maybe you can come up with a test to see if the person is really interested in you because of your money or not. maybe you could out right ask them.

    I dont know exactly.

    but first, be a good friend and you will have good friends. I think.

  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

    As a wise man once said, friends are gods apologies for family.

    It's probably a bad thing. I spend more time with my "friends" than I do with my family. Technically, none of you niners are family, but I'd count many of you as "friends". I chat to a few of you frequently, and others I simply interact with via the forums. You're still friends though. I go out whenever I can with my two best friends, we go bowling and stuff. I know they're my friends simply because they never leave me, even when they get riddiculed for hanging around the little ginger geek.

    If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

    If you ask the person if they are your friend just because of money at least that opens up a dialog and dialog can speak volumes, especialy the more you talk.  and besides, arent friends suposed to talk?

  • User profile image
    Ray6

    littleguru wrote:
    Does she really love him?



    If she's hot, do you think he cares?


  • User profile image
    LaBomba

    If he's self made, then he's probably got some smarts about him...

    if it's inherited it's not like he cares anyway.

    Thinking about the future already littleguru? Wink

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    "Live with a man 40 years, share his house, his meals, speak on every subject. Then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge, and on that day, you will finally meet the man." Sounds like fun.

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    TommyCarlier wrote:
    "Live with a man 40 years, share his house, his meals, speak on every subject. Then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge, and on that day, you will finally meet the man." Sounds like fun.
    On the other hand, what sort of (I need to watch my language) would do that to somebody they have known for 40 years?  Not someone I would want to "meet."

    With regards to littleguru's original post, you might be surprised how many relationships between men and women have very little to do with love at all.  Once you figure that out, you'll appreciate the relationships in your life that involve love even more.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Dodo wrote:
    
    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    Why care if you can trust them or not? 

    Maybe, they just know you, because you're wealthy and want to have some...
    ScanIAm wrote:
    

    If you're rich, you can buy new friends! 

    Those friends won't make you happy...
    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    If you're really, rich, you can buy your friends' familes.

    Kinda invasive of their privacy, they won't like it... and not everyone wants money...
    ScanIAm wrote:
    
    The whole purpose of getting rich is to control the people around you 
    No, getting rich means being successful in making money. Controlling others counts as some kind of majestic force...

    Maybe that's the way you'd think, but consider you really were rich, it'd be nothing special for you to be rich, so, you wont be as exited about it as you probably are now.

    Anyway, if you like a person, you won't care about that very persons objectives anymore, I think you'd be fine with that as you probably could efford it. There's neither wrong nor right, and the fact of others being envious of you because of money will always be given if you're rich, as we live in a world full of materialism...


    I was being sarcastic, kinda.  If you are wealthy enough that you've got someone who is willing to act like your friend, and from your point of view, their act is complete, then how do you know it's an act? 

    Some people overestimate the value of having other people around them.  Some people need an audience or a posse or a crew, but those people are sad, rich or poor. 

    If the rich man and the girl benefit from the relationship, then who cares if it's not legitimate?  In some ways, the whole 'family is the best thing in the world' ideal doesn't work for people.  Otherwise, why do we have hookers?

  • User profile image
    Apogeum


    to know if someone is your friend or if he/she is just lying to you, you first need to know if you are lying to yourself.

    most people who "want" something will consciously or unconsciously accept/interpret even the faintest sign as validation that their wish has come true. and they will continue to lie to themselves and to fight of evidence that indicates what "really" is going on.

    nobody can fool YOU, if you don't support the process one way or another.

    if you really are rich: don't spend money on friends, spend it on business. if you are rich you can buy the thing that really "buys" friends: "time". spend time on your friends. see if you trust them, and if they trust you.

    if you or they don't, tell them about it! people who trust each other (or want to trust each other) tell the truth, regardless of how painful it might be.

    otherwise they or you will end up emotionaly bankcrupt, when you think you have someone to rely on, but really don't.

    this is true for any kind of friendship or relationship.


Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.