Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

What's the largest you have let your recycle bin become?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • alwaysmc2

As I emptied my 10GB recycle bin, I remembered once when it had once expanded to a whopping 30GB.  What's the largest you have let your recycle bin become?

• DCMonkey

I've never really tracked it but my current work Recycle Bin is 3.98GB.

• Lloyd_Humph

Good ol' Shift + Delete Big Smile

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • Ion Todirel

alwaysmc2 wrote:
    As I emptied my 10GB recycle bin, I remembered once when it had once expanded to a whopping 30GB.  What's the largest you have let your recycle bin become?
    what a waste... to anwser to your question,  1-5GiB

• W3bbo

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Good ol' Shift + Delete

Same here.

But there have been times where I've accidentally deleted (not shift+del'd) multi-gigabyte files (like game data files) and forgotten about them.

Thesedays my Recycle Bin is empty and my TEMP dir is a bigger cause for concern.

• k2t0f12d

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Good ol' Shift + Delete

W3bbo wrote:
    Same here.

But there have been times where I've accidentally deleted (not shift+del'd) multi-gigabyte files (like game data files) and forgotten about them.

Thesedays my Recycle Bin is empty and my TEMP dir is a bigger cause for concern.

++

• DCMonkey

Ion Todirel wrote:

alwaysmc2 wrote:

Why is it a waste if he doesn't need that space for other things?

• alwaysmc2

DCMonkey wrote:

Ion Todirel wrote:

alwaysmc2 wrote:

Why is it a waste if he doesn't need that space for other things?

500 GB hard drive dedicated to my home directory = awesome.

• littleguru

What's the point in Shift+Delete when you can disable the recylce bin after all?

• Angus

littleguru wrote:
    What's the point in Shift+Delete when you can disable the recylce bin after all?

I assume that it is due to the choice which is offered when one is using the "Shift-Delete" technique (as opposed to the disabling of the recycle bin).

Angus Higgins

• littleguru

Angus wrote:

littleguru wrote:

I assume that it is due to the choice which is offered when one is using the "Shift-Delete" technique (as opposed to the disabling of the recycle bin).

Angus Higgins

yeah, but I have been using SHIFT+DEL also for a whole time and if you start with it you always press it. You never press DEL alone anmore... it's better to disable the recylce bin after all when you have come so far.

• k2t0f12d

littleguru wrote:

Even if you have trained yourself using Shift + Delete you still have to make a semi-conscious effort to have the former held down when pressing the later.  You could accidentally bump a single key.

• ScanIAm

k2t0f12d wrote:

littleguru wrote:

Even if you have trained yourself using Shift + Delete you still have to make a semi-conscious effort to have the former held down when pressing the later.  You could accidentally bump a single key.

What is the point of using shift delete?

• Lloyd_Humph

ScanIAm wrote:

k2t0f12d wrote:

littleguru wrote:

What is the point of using shift delete?

Permanently deletes a file; delete sends it to the recycle bin.

It's better for just getting rid of the file, rather than getting rid of it only to get rid of it again when you empty your recycle bin.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.