Coffeehouse Thread

51 posts

Wife 2.0

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Yup. The feature-list in Wife2.0 is substantially more complete than 1.0. Not to mention the new skin! Woooo (Wife 1.0 shipped with an American Skin. Wife 2.0 has a Brazilian-theme) Hehe.

This version supports internationalization and multi-lingual user-interfaces. It breaks less and works more than 1.0. It serves the user rather than forcing the user to serve it, like all good software should!

I feel sorry for the poor fella who got my 1.0 version. That thing was littered in bugs, and there was no recovery-disk either, which means no format/clean-install...

So I'm downloading the 2.0 update right now. At this rate, I'll have it finished installing and functioning in about 6 months. Only thing is, it has a proximity-sensor which requires it to be ran from Florida, so I'll have to relocate their to get full satisfactory output from the application.

I've been using the Demo of 2.0 for a few months now. It doesn't come with all of the functionality...the great features are only available to owners of the license Smiley But I'm really enjoying its seemless-integration with my current configuration and environment.

It also works well with vista.

• User profile image
    littleguru

OMG! Get back to the real world! To much virtual is no good! believe me.

She is nice! AND she is a person not a thing - you make me feel as if you treat her like a thing!

• User profile image
    littleguru

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Guru, is a "Queen" a thing? If so, she's treated like a thing A very important thing

Nope, but "Queen" appears only in your first reply to me Tongue Out

I'm so happy for you that you found such a nice girl (again)! I hope for you both that it is working out this time! Man enjoy the time with her, she is worth it a million times!

btw. What's up? You have hair!!!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Guru, is a "Queen" a thing? If so, she's treated like a thing Smiley A very important thing Tongue Out She probably received nearly a dozen massages this weekend, and visited nearly every attraction Chattanooga, TN has to offer - she treats me good, and I return the favor. We work pretty well Smiley

Oh, and the public methods of Wife2.0 have fewer arguments Wink

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Yup. I have hair now Smiley I'm going for the W3bbo-style Wink Still have a ways to go. First time having hair in nearly 10 years.

• User profile image
    littleguru

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Yup. I have hair now I'm going for the W3bbo-style Still have a ways to go. First time having hair in nearly 10 years.

you look older now - without the hair and with the cap you looked really a lot younger -- when's the first baby due?

Btw. I can lend you my old hair - cut it down right before TechEd - muahaha!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

littleguru wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Yup. I have hair now I'm going for the W3bbo-style Still have a ways to go. First time having hair in nearly 10 years.

you look older now... when's the first baby due?

Baby-production is one of the licensed-features Smiley As per our terms of agreement I will get that functionality when I stop using the Demo, and move into my production-environment with the full-version of the application Smiley I don't use full-featured demos...if you know what I mean Tongue Out

• User profile image
    littleguru

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Baby-production is one of the licensed-features As per our terms of agreement I will get that functionality when I stop using the Demo, and move into my production-environment with the full-version of the application I don't use full-featured demos...if you know what I mean

Well there might be cracks around - haha! No, she is really nice - I also told you over IM that I like her Smiley Tell her best wishes from me!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

littleguru wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Baby-production is one of the licensed-features As per our terms of agreement I will get that functionality when I stop using the Demo, and move into my production-environment with the full-version of the application I don't use full-featured demos...if you know what I mean

Well there might be cracks around - haha!

Possibly. But I have an agreement with the Senior Developer of this application not to use certain features until the application is licensed Wink It's in the Terms of Agreement Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Johnny​Awesome

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

• User profile image
    littleguru

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Possibly. But I have an agreement with the Senior Developer of this application not to use certain features until the application is licensed It's in the Terms of Agreement

Tell me that you signed an NDA that prohibits you to walk around technical limitations and doesn't allow you to reverse engineer to find a way to crack it Tongue Out

I hope she never reads this conversation Wink

• User profile image
    ZippyV

jsampsonPC wrote:
    I feel sorry for the poor fella who got my 1.0 version. That thing was littered in bugs, and there was no recovery-disk either, which means no format/clean-install...

There is only one way to fix that problem: do a complete disassembly.

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

congratulations!

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

ZippyV wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

There is only one way to fix that problem: do a complete disassembly.

With a sharp object... whoa I'm in a stabby mood Expressionless

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

YearOfTheLinuxDesktop wrote:

littleguru wrote:
    She is nice! AND she is a person not a thing - you make me feel as if you treat her like a thing!

not a thing but an instance of a class

Wife newWife = New Wife.CreateFromGirlfriend(Jonathan.Girlfriend);

• User profile image
    magicalclick

jsampsonPC wrote:

YearOfTheLinuxDesktop wrote:

littleguru wrote:

not a thing but an instance of a class

Wife newWife = New Wife.CreateFromGirlfriend(Jonathan.Girlfriend);

I thought it should be WifeV2 newWife = New WifeV2.Create(Girlfriends.Jonathan);

It should have more features and bug fixes, not an instance of an outdated class.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    evildictait​or

jsampsonPC wrote:

... when I stop using the Demo, and move into my production-environment with the full-version of the application.

Whoa! That instance-of-a-class looks pretty fully featured to me! JSampsonPC.Wife extends BeautifulObject all right! Congrats!

• User profile image
    cheong

magicalclick wrote:

I thought it should be WifeV2 newWife = New WifeV2.Create(Girlfriends.Jonathan);

It should have more features and bug fixes, not an instance of an outdated class.

No need for a new class name if the class is in strong named assembly, and you correctly referenced the assembly in the config file. Wink

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.