Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

25 of the coolest (or weirdest) keyboards

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Ray6

Some great, some not so great.

I've got one of the new Apple bluetooth keyboards and I have to say, that contrary to what I've read, it really is one of the most comfortable keyboards that I've used; a close second to my Microsoft Laser 4000.

• Ion Todirel

Ray6 wrote:

I've got one of the new Apple bluetooth keyboards and I have to say, that contrary to what I've read, it really is one of the most comfortable keyboards that I've used; a close second to my Microsoft Laser 5000.

you can use Apple keyboard on non-Apple machines?

• Ray6

Ion Todirel wrote:

Ray6 wrote:

I've got one of the new Apple bluetooth keyboards and I have to say, that contrary to what I've read, it really is one of the most comfortable keyboards that I've used; a close second to my Microsoft Laser 5000.

I actually have a Mac as well as a PC, but I don't see why not (strangely enough, I've never tried it). The USB keyboard should be no problem; don't know about the bluetooth one though (which is the one I have).

• Ion Todirel

Ray6 wrote:

Ion Todirel wrote:

Ray6 wrote:

I actually have a Mac as well as a PC, but I don't see why not (strangely enough, I've never tried it). The USB keyboard should be no problem; don't know about the bluetooth one though (which is the one I have).

well try and post the results here, please, i'll buy a Bluetooth one if it plays with non-Apple hardware nicely Tongue Out

• Zeus

Ion Todirel wrote:

Ray6 wrote:

Yes, you can.

• cornelius

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=081

has to be the best product to ever come out of microsoft

i love it

• Massif

cornelius wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=081

has to be the best product to ever come out of microsoft

i love it

What about the 8000 version?

• athan

God, I hate all these silly "rubber dome" plastic garbage.
    Really missed the good old mech switch keyboards of eighties...

• W3bbo

Ion Todirel wrote:

Ray6 wrote:

The USB ones, yep. Just not the really old ones (pre-1999) which used ADB.

You can also use modern PC hardware on Macs, which is good for those of us with more than 1 finger on our hands Wink

• brian.​shapiro

i have one of those roll-up keyboards

• GoddersUK

sakisp wrote:
    God, I hate all these silly "rubber dome" plastic garbage.
    Really missed the good old mech switch keyboards of eighties...

I may be able to help here.

This site was in the paper the other day.

• esoteric

These still fascinate me

TypeMatrix 2030

InduProofMED

But I want a keyboard that has these characteristics

- wireless (USB-3?, bluetooth, can't we just agree...)
    - easy to clean (InduProof)
    - ergonomic (TypeMatrix?)
    - biometrics (e.g. fingerprinting)

Optimus Maximus looks very cool, but it's more of a superficial feature.

• maxzuck

My favorite is the Microsoft Reclusa.... I'm partial to wired keyboards and this one has all I want aaaaaand a blue backlight!

See more here: http://channel8.msdn.com/Posts/Why-the-Microsoft-Reclusa-is-my-new-favorite-keyboard/

• BruceMorgan

I've used a couple dozen keyboards over the years.

Currently I use a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard at home and at work.   It's not too huge and it's not too thick and it's not too curved.

My work keyboard is fairly unique.  When I was poking around in our admin's equipment storage room looking for something else, I happened upon a completely blank version of the Comfort Curve 2000.   I grabbed it in an instant. 

It's like the Das Keyboard - no lettering.  Who needs 'em?  I know where the keys are...

• W3bbo

BruceMorgan wrote:
    It's like the Das Keyboard - no lettering.  Who needs 'em?  I know where the keys are...

I'd use Das Keyboard... if it weren't for the lack of MediaKeys.

Someone build a DasKeyboard with another row of 16 buttons on top of the Esc/F1-F12/SrlLck row that are bound to MediaKeys, and I'd buy it.

....oh, and with a UK key layout too. The double-height return key is essential Smiley

• athan

BruceMorgan wrote:
    Currently I use a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard at home and at work.   It's not too huge and it's not too thick and it's not too curved.

Most machines at our lab use this keyboard. Despite its low price, it feels better than other more expensive models. Unfortunately, it loses that feel after two - three months of heavy use.

PS: Das Keyboard II looks very interesting, I'll order one for testing...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.