Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Great use of Silverlight

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dentaku

I'm wondering how else a site like this would be possible using anything but Silverlight?
    http://galilee.microsoft.fr/TechDays2008/SL/techdays-2008-silverlight.aspx
    It's very well made and work so smooth. It's a great demo for what's possible in Silverlight.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph
    If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    dentaku

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Dupe

Oops.

I don't suppose there's a way to delete a thread?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

dentaku wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Dupe

Oops.

I don't suppose there's a way to delete a thread?

Nope Smiley

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Johnny​Awesome

I thought the excessive load time reminded me of the daunting days when corporate America discovered Flash and every site had like a 10 minute for the site to load a stupid into movie.

Now, I know this was a sample of what can be done, but it does make me wonder if when Silverlight goes mainstream are things going to be intro-movies and long waits all over again?

I sure hope the silverlight community does not have to start over back to the early flash days to learn "less is more" sometimes.

• User profile image
    dentaku

JohnnyAwesome wrote:
    I sure hope the silverlight community does not have to start over back to the early flash days to learn "less is more" sometimes.

Me too

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.