42 posts

Scientology Website Hacked

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • ScanIAm

Ruh-Ro-Raggy:

http://www.scientology.org/

has been hackered.

• ManipUni

Looks about a screwed up as it normally does to me?

Am I missing something?

• Bas

Either they fixed it or the hack is too subtle to get noticed by me.

By the way, why does Scientology use a cross as a symbol?

• evildictait​or

Hilarious as this may or may not be, I think that most people here would agree that religion and trolling followed by politics and spam are the biggest detractions from the Channel9 site.

Can I has a little less religion plz?

• W3bbo

evildictaitor wrote:
    Hilarious as this may or may not be, I think that most people here would agree that religion and trolling followed by politics and spam are the biggest detractions from the Channel9 site.

Scientology isn't a religion. It's a criminal scam organization, outlawed in Germany.

• W3bbo

ScanIAm wrote:
    Ruh-Ro-Raggy:

http://www.scientology.org/

has been hackered.

"hacked" is an overstatement, in fact: it hasn't been cracked at all.

It's a bunch of 4chan /b/tards DDoSssing the site with Gigaloader, that's why it's slow.

Since it's slow, images don't load, so cub reporters get the idea the site content's been "hacked".

Calling 4chan's /b/tards and Anonymous "hackers" is an insult.... to the hackers. This is going against practically everything the Hacker Manifesto stands for, if you're going to take Scientology down it's best to do it in an intelligent way.

Personally I'd have hosted the video myself, waited for them to come to me, fling them off, then file a massive countersuit.

....but I'm a student with little time, so you get the idea.

BTW Scan, I heard you like mudkips.

• evildictait​or

W3bbo wrote:

evildictaitor wrote:

Scientology isn't a religion. It's a criminal scam organization, outlawed in Germany.

The Germans are wise as ever.

Actually I was referring to ScanIAm's avatar and caption, which is designed to incite hatred against Christianity, which last I heard was a religion.

• jsampsonPC

evildictaitor wrote:
    ...I was referring to ScanIAm's avatar and caption, which is designed to incite hatred against Christianity, which last I heard was a religion.

Ignore him, he's an idiot. When I calmly defended Christianity here in the Atheist Quotes Thread, he went on a tirade about Religion. When all is calm, he takes the iniative to start even more religious discussions - he's a moron.

• W3bbo

evildictaitor wrote:
    Actually I was referring to ScanIAm's avatar, which is designed to incite hatred against Christianity, which last I heard was a religion.

The tagline under his avatar "Science doesn't prove anything" is an actual quote from the movie Jesus Camp. (I've seen it[1]).

As for the avatar image itself? IIRC, it was actually made by a creationist.

So Scan's just being slightly provocative, but not actually offensive since he's using material created by "the other side" to begin with.

[1]Btw, does anyone else think the dinosaur "TV presenter"  had a head shaped like a phallus glans? I lol'd when I saw it.

• ManipUni

You think a religion where you give them all your money so you put electrical sensors on your arms and think happy thoughts to get rid of your demons has more credibility?

Or the fact it was made by a Sci-Fi writer?

Or the fact that it is all about aliens from another world that live in your body (yes Star Wards style) and that you need to do something to that accomplishes something or other?

edit: Actually the South Park "What sciengology is" happens to be very accurate. Books from ex-scientologiests who lost all of their money getting to the highest tiers of the organisation have said as much http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QqjTsFKm4

• evildictait​or

W3bbo wrote:

The tagline under his avatar "Science doesn't prove anything" is an actual quote from the movie Jesus Camp. (I've seen it[1]).

And if I posted a quote from a religious hate movie does that make me any better? I couldn't care less the context or who said what ScanIAm wrote, he is using it deliberately to imply that Christians think that "Science doesn't prove anything", with the clear intention to discredit Christians by posing their faith as opposed to science, which is not the case.

W3bbo wrote:

As for the avatar image itself? IIRC, it was actually made by a creationist.

Again, I don't care. Lots of people call themselves Christian with the most ridiculous additional beliefs tagged on. The Bible does not mention dinosaurs, and I don't think any sane person would have thought that Jesus actually cuddled a veloceraptor. Again, the intention of ScanIAm is to portray Christians as if they believe this rubbish.

W3bbo wrote:

So Scan's just being slightly provocative, but not actually offensive since he's using material created by "the other side" to begin with.

And some people spend a couple of thousand dollars on "holy toast". Just because they are crazy doesn't mean that all people of religion X are crazy, and to try and portray it as such is simply dishonest.

No. ScanIAm's avatar and caption are designed to incite hatred, and consequently I will object to them, regardless of his (or my) personal beliefs on the matter. It has no place here on Channel9.

• ManipUni

blehbleh wrote:
    Yes, absolutely. Atleast they didn't kill millions of people. (yet?)

Most religions haven't. Only a handful have.

• W3bbo

evildictaitor wrote:
    And if I posted a quote from a religious hate movie does that make me any better?

I'm going to take a guess that you actually haven't seen Jesus Camp, otherwise you wouldn't have made that assertion.

JC isn't a "religious hate" movie, it's actually fairly neutral, and the participants of the film totally okay'd it for release.

• evildictait​or

blehbleh wrote:

Religions don't kill people. People kill people. It usually starts with religious hatred and intolerance of other people's religion, if I remember rightly.

• jsampsonPC

evildictaitor wrote:

blehbleh wrote:

Religions don't kill people. People kill people. It usually starts with religious hatred and intolerance of other people's religion, if I remember rightly.

Romans 12:14,18
    Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

• littleguru

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I'm sure you can find a quote from the bible that says exactly the opposite.

Again: religion is believe - should everybody believe what makes her/him happy. Believe != proof. So all are right and nobody.

This shouldn't be discussed here! Over and out!

• YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

blehbleh wrote:
    lame "hack"...

...I believe that Scientology has not less credibility than any other religion... as a matter of fact, I believe Scientology has MORE credibility than any other religion. To me, it makes much more sense than anything else out there. ...but that's just me.

lord xenu wouldn't agree.

• evildictait​or

littleguru wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

I'm sure you can find a quote from the bible that says exactly the opposite.

Again: religion is believe - should everybody believe what makes her/him happy. Believe != proof. So all are right and nobody.

This shouldn't be discussed here! Over and out!

Citation Needed.

But this is beside the point. ScanIAm's avatar and caption has no place on C9, and he should change them.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.