Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

I have been converted

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Just bought a Treo 750 (I'm a fan of the series) running Windows Mobile 6 Professional. Looks good!

Switching from Palm (who I've been ever faithful to).

Lets hope it proves to be a decent experience...

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    GoddersUK

I thought palm only sold devices running palm os.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

GoddersUK wrote:

Nope, they have the Treo 750 and the Treo 700w running Windows.

I read somewhere the Centro might come loaded with Windows sometime... I don't really like the Centro design though.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

GoddersUK wrote:

They sold their soul to the devil and started offering Windows Mobile as well as PalmOS on their higher end devices.

It makes business sense, Windows Mobile is becoming popular in blue-chip enterprises and their PalmOS can't compete when it comes to integrating with Windows/Exchange systems. So what better than to capitalise on both the Palm and Windows brands together?

It was a perfect move.

....but personally I'd want to see them offer Symbian as well.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Speaking of Win Mobile 6; does it have the same Messenger-style texting as is included with Palm OS? I find this very useful..I forget what I'm talking about regularly Smiley

Last modified
  • User profile image
    DigitalDud

Got a Win Mobile phone recently too, they rock cause of the huge software library.  But can anyone recommend an instant messaging program that doesn't use SMS?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

DigitalDud wrote:

Got a Win Mobile phone recently too, they rock cause of the huge software library.  But can anyone recommend an instant messaging program that doesn't use SMS?

My Smartphone has an MSN Messenger client on, uses GPRS/Internet, not SMS, so it's waaaay cheaper per message than SMS.

Many MSN Messenger clients for phnes can do it via SMS if it cannot connect directly to the Internet.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

DigitalDud wrote:

hmm. I think I've asked before, but does anyone know of a Java based IM programme that I can run on my phone and will connect to the web via my bluetooth access point rather than GPRS?

• User profile image
    Ray6

Switched from PalmOS a few months ago and kicked myself for not doing it sooner.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Has anyone here compared the mobile offerings of Windows Mobile 6 vs. i(Product).....

True, they have different targets....just wondering if anyone has done so...

Disclaimer: No softies can reply...you're obviously biased.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Ray6 wrote:
    Switched from PalmOS a few months ago and kicked myself for not doing it sooner.

Really? That good?

cool Smiley

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

It's here! :o

Arrived sooner than I thought; well chuffed. Smiley

Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.