Coffeehouse Thread

65 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

It' Time to To clarify the situation Windows 7

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    jamie

so ..copying the dock is whats new?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Actually, it's not time to clarify anything. We'll talk when it's time, not now.

But just as a hint, if you see the name "Windows Seven" you can immediately chalk it to fake.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

creditcard wrote:
    So I guess everyone gave up on Vista already?

Everyone minus 100Mil (as of last month).

Please, stop trolling.

• User profile image
    Bas

creditcard wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

creditcard wrote:

Please, stop trolling.

What percentage of that number are people who got it pre-installed on their computer and those who actually bought it at retail?

Don't know, but if it's not on Wikipedia yet, now is your chance to make it up and add it.

• User profile image
    Charles

What is the obsession lately with Windows 7? How many of you actually run Vista?

C

• User profile image
    jamie

Charles wrote:
    What is the obsession lately with Windows 7? How many of you actually run Vista?

C

maybe waiting so long for Vista 3/4 years - then a year since its release..people REALLY want something new?

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I run Vista and I like it. But of course I'm also curious about Windows 7. Just like I was curious about Longhorn in the very beginning. Just like I was curious about Orcas when Visual Studio 2005 was just released.

• User profile image
    Charles

TommyCarlier wrote:
    I run Vista and I like it. But of course I'm also curious about Windows 7. Just like I was curious about Longhorn in the very beginning. Just like I was curious about Orcas when Visual Studio 2005 was just released.

There's nothing wrong with being curious about the future of technologies that interest you... There's really nothing to talk about in terms of Windows 7 right now. There will be though, in the future.
    So, basically, you are all asking questions and seeking product group feedback that will not be answered any time soon... Is this useful use of your time? On the other hand, you'll probably be able to get some useful information about Vista should you be curious about anything......

Stay curious, but be patient!
    C

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I agree. And I don't like these fake screenshots, especially the ones that are very obviously fake. What I do like is reading little bits of information about future development of products (Windows, Office, Visual Studio, ...). And currently the best source for this kind of information is Long's blog. I've been reading it for a while now and I'm amazed at what he discovers and uncovers.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

creditcard wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

creditcard wrote:

Please, stop trolling.

What percentage of that number are people who got it pre-installed on their computer and those who actually bought it at retail?

All of them have been sold, are in use and Microsoft collected the money.

Tell me again how that difference matters in the slightest?

• User profile image
    Minh

Charles wrote:

Stay curious, but be patient!
    C

Disappointment = Promised - Delivered;
    Patience = Inverse(Disappointment);
    Curiousity = Inverse(Patience);

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Charles wrote:

C

I run Vista on three machines, and XP on one. I love Vista. My fascination with Windows 7 is, it's Windows 7...why else wouldn't I be fascinated with it? Smiley

That's like asking doctors why they would be fascinated in the next generation of medical instruments and devices Smiley Or what your question simply rhetorical? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

jamie wrote:

Charles wrote:

C

maybe waiting so long for Vista 3/4 years - then a year since its release..people REALLY want something new?

Maybe seeing what Vista was supposed to be (Longhorn) is making people wonder if Microsoft can deliver what they say...a PDC Video full of promises never made....how long can Microsoft hold out without delivering?

• User profile image
    Charles

jsampsonPC wrote:

Charles wrote:

C

I run Vista on three machines, and XP on one. I love Vista. My fascination with Windows 7 is, it's Windows 7...why else wouldn't I be fascinated with it?

That's like asking doctors why they would be fascinated in the next generation of medical instruments and devices Or what your question simply rhetorical?

Well, no. Obsession is not the same thing as being curious and genuinely very interested. Obsession implies that it's all you think about, you know, obsessively Smiley

• User profile image
    Minh

PaoloM wrote:

Now, I'm asking this because I'm curious, but I think this scenario is true:

* Company X has 23,000 employees
    * Company X buys a Windows site license from MS, for price Y
    * Price Y happens to be for companies w/ 25,000 - 50,000 seats
    * MS gets to book $Y
    * MS gets to claimed 50,000 copies of Vista has been sold
    * Irregardless of Company X roll-out schedule
    * ???

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

PaoloM wrote:

creditcard wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

creditcard wrote:

Please, stop trolling.

It matters between buying for choice, or forced by OEM.

He's not trolling PaoloM and I think he makes a very valid point. The WOW is turning out to be the "Hey it showed up, um, we're sorry it took us 7 years....but hey NEW THINGS AR' A COMIN!"...

• User profile image
    intelman

I'm curious about "Windows 7", because Vista bores me. I need something new to keep my computing expirence happy. Vistas animations have always been a bit slow, and hopefully in "Windows 7" that'll be fixed.

I want refinement, and I want it now, the more and more I use windows the more annoying it becomes, talk of a new version is just exciting.

Windows is the most interesting thing Microsoft develops.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.