Coffeehouse Thread

155 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

<Kerry>President</Bush>

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    manickernel

Never has an election generated so much angst in which the candidates were both so mediocre.

I really did not know my own vote, up until the night before (I cast early, 'cause I work the election Tues.)

But Bush made a statement that I caught that night that made up my mind. In effect:

"You may not agree with me, but you know exactly where I stand, and exactly what my policies will be."

In times like this, I will vote for a captain that knows his course, as much as I may disagree with it.

Years ago I sailed with a captain that did not, and I will not repeat that experience.

• User profile image
    eagle

I work for the Board of Elections two days a year since I cast my first vote at 18 (and I was among the first 18 year olds to vote). I live in a Red County in a Blue State.

I often take the 5:54 train into NYC, four years ago it was standing room only by 6:30. Today I get to sit alone on a two seater, because over 100 people were killed on 9/11 and thousands more lost their jobs. 

Have a look at the 911 Commission link, they have been fighting Bush for three years!

• User profile image
    miamijjs

eagle wrote:
    The links are there, click on the dates (simpletons for Bush). Here are some more links;

Cost of War

National Debt

911 Commission

Way to not list my requesting links to your qoutes and way to list sites that are bias towards Kerry.

You forgot -

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/29/politics/main646435.shtml

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041025-020600-3030r.htm

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com/

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096540

and just for fun

http://www.johnkerryflipflops.com/

• User profile image
    manickernel

eagle wrote:

I often take the 5:54 train into NYC, four years ago it was standing room only by 6:30. Today I get to sit alone on a two seater, because over 100 people were killed on 9/11 and thousands more lost their jobs. 

And in about 48 hours, unless I miss my guess, the battle of Falluja will begin. A battle in which muhjadeen from Saudi, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt (you know, the ones on the planes) are gathered to defeat the evil infidels from America.

How we got there is up for discussion, but would you rather fight them on that subway?

• User profile image
    eagle

They would never survive the Subway, first they have to get down there then they have to get out!

Did you know we have more Policemen in NYC they we have troops in Afghanistan?  

Then there are the Gangster Rappers, the Thugs, armed survivalists and all those bad * bag ladies!

How did you think they could all get to NYC? Muhjadeen Air?

Listen to John Kerry's podcast; Windows | mp3 , he has been to War.

• User profile image
    codan

Michael Moore’s analogy is like comparing apples to oranges. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics as of 1999 (the most current data), there are 39,099 officers in the New York City Police Department. This number accounts for all sworn employees. Currently there are approximately 20,300 US personnel, 2,024 coalition troops and 6,221 ISAF personnel deployed in Afghanistan. This is a substantial number of personnel when combined with the modern fire power they have at their disposal.

A terrorist's concern is merely to get in not to get out. The 9/11 attacks were planned years before they were carried out. The attackers embedded themselves into our culture learning our ways, making themselves look and act like Americans. When experts look back at surveillance tapes of the hijackers going through security, they couldn't pick them out as terrorists. How could anyone? They were dressed in business attire. They looked just like everyone else coming and going the airport. The only sure way to stop a terrorist is to seek out and destroy terror cells before they enter our country or any of our ally’s countries. The current war on terror sets out to do just that.

As citizens of this great country many of us take for granted the liberties a free nation gives us. While forgetting that there are countries out there that don’t have any of those liberties because of oppression. This thread is a great example of one of those liberties we take for granted. There are still many countries that censor or imprison anyone who says anything bad about their leader or government. As a free nation it should be our duty to help those countries in need. Not a job for just America but all free nations.

• User profile image
    eagle

9/11 Family Steering Committee Asks,
    "Where is the President?
    The Country Needs a 9/11 Bill!"
    Family members of 9/11 victims demand that the President immediately take time from his campaign to ensure that legislation critical to this nation's safety is enacted.

The 9/11 reform bill - specifically, the Senate version, which has been endorsed by the 9/11 Commission - will never become law unless the President acts. The momentum for reform has been stopped in its tracks by a minority faction of Republican House members who oppose this bill. These obstructionists have engaged in back-room maneuvering and have refused to schedule public hearings, in fear of having the American people witness their strong arm tactics. To add to our overall disillusionment, it appears that Speaker Hastert has no intention of keeping his promise to us that the House would not impede getting a bill to the President before Election Day.

So it is now up to President Bush. He must demonstrate that he deserves to be re-elected. We call upon him to get his House in order, and intercede with this maverick contingent of members of his own party who are impeding the process of making America safer. The American people entrusted the President with the responsibility to protect us and NOW is the time for him to show that he has earned that trust.

print statement

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Pro-Kerry Historian: Kerry Lies About Anti-war Activities

A Vietnam War historian and supporter of Democrat presidential candidate John Kerry has told CNSNews.com that Kerry is lying about key events related to his anti-war activities in 1971.

Kerry said he hasn't spoken to former anti-war associate Al Hubbard since the two men appeared side by side on national television in April 1971, but according to author Gerald Nicosia, that assertion is wrong. So is Kerry's insistence that he did not attend a November 1971 meeting of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, at which group members discussed the possibility of assassinating U.S. senators who were still supporting the war in Vietnam, Nicosia said.

Nicosia backed up his comments regarding Kerry's presence at the November 1971 meeting by providing CNSNews.com with the FBI's redacted files about that meeting.

Questions about events that happened 33 years ago continue to nag the Kerry candidacy as the Massachusetts Democrat's November match-up against President Bush comes into sharper focus.

Kerry faces increasing skepticism about answers he gave to certain questions as well as recent statements he made, including his claim that some foreign leaders had told him they were hopeful Bush would be defeated this year.

Among the questions surrounding Kerry's involvement as a 27-year-old anti-war protester are those about his relationship with Hubbard, the former executive director of Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Kerry and Hubbard appeared on NBC's "Meet the Press" on April 18, 1971 to argue for an end to the war.

But shortly thereafter, Hubbard, who had been introduced on the NBC program as a decorated Air Force captain, was exposed for having exaggerated his military credentials. A separate news investigation revealed that there were no military records showing that Hubbard had either served in Vietnam or was injured there.

Last week, during a Capitol Hill news conference, CNSNews.com asked Kerry whether he was still in touch with Hubbard or whether he was willing to repudiate him because of Hubbard's fabricated war record.

"I haven't talked to Al Hubbard since that week" of the "Meet the Press" appearance, Kerry replied. He also said he did not believe that VVAW's credibility was hurt as a result of Hubbard falsifying his war record.

Bull

But Gerald Nicosia, author of the book "Home to War: A History of the Vietnam Veterans' Movement" and a Kerry supporter, disagreed with Kerry's contention that he and Hubbard saw no more of each other after the week of April 18, 1971.

"That is bull****. No, no, [Kerry] saw [Hubbard] at numerous meetings after that, including the one I talk about in my book, the July meeting in St. Louis," Nicosia told CNSNews.com.

[Kerry] saw [Hubbard] in July, and according to FBI [files on Vietnam Veterans Against the War] and the minutes of those meetings, [Kerry] probably saw him in November [1971] too," Nicosia said.

200 Witnesses

Kerry and Hubbard had a heated argument at the St. Louis meeting in July that was "witnessed by 200 veterans," according to Nicosia.

Despite the presidential candidate's claim last week that Hubbard had not hurt the anti-war group's credibility in 1971, Kerry actually believed otherwise, according to Nicosia.

"There was a big fight with Al Hubbard in which Kerry confronted him and they were screaming at each other across the hall," Nicosia explained. Hubbard, who had ties to the radical Black Panthers, and Kerry "couldn't have been more opposite personalities," Nicosia said.

The simmering tension between the two men finally reached a boil in St. Louis, Nicosia said, with Kerry shouting, "Who are you, Al Hubbard? Are you even really a veteran?

"So it was a big screaming match," he added.

'Awkward Position'

Nicosia told CNSNews.com he was uncomfortable disputing Kerry's statements.

"I am in kind of an awkward position here. I am a Kerry supporter, and I certainly don't want to do anything that hurts him. On the other hand, my number one allegiance is to truth. So I am going to go with where the facts are, and John is going to have to deal with that," Nicosia said.

"I am having some problems with the things he is saying right now, which are not matching up with accuracy," he added.

Talk of Assassinating Senators

Nicosia also disputed Kerry's denial that he was in attendance when VVAW members met in Kansas City in November 1971 to discuss the possibility of assassinating U.S. senators still committed to the Vietnam War.

Kerry was at the meeting, Nicosia insisted, pointing to FBI files and the minutes from the VVAW meeting, which he has obtained. "The minutes of the meeting, November 12th through the 15th, it's got John Kerry there, it's got John Kerry resigning there on the third day," Nicosia said.

Nicosia provided CNSNews.com with a copy of the FBI's redacted files of that November 1971 VVAW meeting. The files refer to the fact that Kerry had "resigned for 'personal reasons.'"

"You are talking to a Kerry supporter, but I will tell you, after everything that I have heard and seen, I would conclude that he was there," he added.

'Negative Thing'

Nicosia said he was not sure why Kerry is answering questions on the issue in the manner he is.

"Why didn't Clinton say he [had sex with] Monica Lewinsky? It took him until he had to be confronted with the hard evidence before he said he did," Nicosia said.

"I think [Kerry] may be worried or the people around him may be worried that his association with VVAW is a very negative thing and they want John to back away from it," he said.

Nicosia concluded with advice for Kerry.

"The chickens are coming home to roost, and unfortunately he is starting to backtrack, and I personally don't think backtracking is going to work because people are going to go at him and find the discrepancies," Nicosia said.

As recently as two days ago, Kerry's presidential campaign spokesman David Wade told the New York Sun, "Kerry was not at the Kansas City meeting." Wade added that Kerry had resigned from the VVAW "sometime in the summer of 1971."

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Sen. Kerry, the "noble statesman" and "highly decorated Vietnam vet" of today, is a Far cry from Kerry, the radical, hippie-like leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) in the early 1970s.

Soon after Kerry, as a Navy Lieutenant (junior grade) commanding a Swift boat in Vietnam, was awarded the Silver Star, he used an obscure Navy regulation to leave Vietnam and his crew before completing his tour of duty.

After returning home, he quit the Navy early and changed the color of his politics to become a leader of VVAW. Kerry wasted no time organizing opposition in the United States against the efforts of his former buddies still ducking communist bullets back in Vietnam.

Kerry participated in the so-called Winter Soldier Investigation where his fellow protesters accused his fellow GIs of war crimes.

Kerry's betrayal of American prisoners of war, his blatant disrespect for the families of our missing in action, Vietnam veterans, the military, his support for communist Vietnam and his waffling over the issue of use of force in Iraq proves he is a self promoting Chameleon Senator who cannot be relied on to protect the best interests of the United States.

Although Kerry voted to support military intervention in Iraq he is now claiming that he only approved the threat of force by the United States.

The Constitution for the United States of America declares: "The President shall be Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several States when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."
    Read the following and decide for yourself if you trust this man to be our Commander-in-Chief.

• User profile image
    eagle

On Oct 2 you lied;

miamijjs wrote:

I myself was undecided

You are now and have always been a full blown right wing maniac!

You should sign-up in the US Army; they need boys like YOU in Iraq!

• User profile image
    Greater Monster

manickernel wrote:
    In times like this, I will vote for a captain that knows his course, as much as I may disagree with it.

Some will argue that he choose a course and will not check if it is the right one.

Basically the idea is you can choose among two captains.

Captain 1: I've choosen the course and we're on it.
    Sailor: Captain, iceberg up ahead.
    Captain 1: there was no iceberg when we set sail and I will stay on course.

Captain 2: Let's see....
    Sailor: iceberg up ahead.
    Captain 2: hard left
    Sailor: shipwreck up ahead
    Captain 2: hard right (etc)

Ramming the iceberg or losing your way: isn't having a choice splendid.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

If I would be an American I would vote for Kerry. To vote against Bush. He did screw up during his 4 years and doesn't deserve another 4. You can't say Kerry will be a bad president because we didn't see Kerry working yet.
    All those links that miamijjs mentions' are not about Kerry while he was president. But Eagle's links on the contrary are all things that Bush did while he was president and all those things ARE bad. With that national debt thing, think about what happend awhile ago in Argentina (if you can locate it).
    The situation in Israel isn't better either: Clinton had tried many times to come to a solution, while Bush has made things far much worse (Bush's second war) by supporting the jews.

[Remember the plans to make an anti-terror rocket shield? This stupid Bush-plan was so funny! I always thought it would be impossible to make an anti-terror shield and the terrorist proved it.]

• User profile image
    Manip

eagle wrote:
     On Oct 2 you lied;

miamijjs wrote:

I myself was undecided

You are now and have always been a full blown right wing maniac!

You should sign-up in the US Army; they need boys like YOU in Iraq!

Eagle stop being a Troll .. yes we read it the first time, yes we know your talking crap .. now leave it, nobody is buying your stupid 'evidence' that we shouldn't listen to someone else.

All posting that does is make me less likely to listen to you.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Just to throw a little bit more propaganda into the mix, go to your friendly .torrent provider and look for:  The Power of Nightmares pts 1 and 2. 

It's a shame that pt 3 won't be out until after the election.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Much like Kerry's misinformation makes me want to vote for Bush even more YOUR TROLL KERRY WAYS make me want to post more anti-Kerry to balance out your Bull$hit.

If Kerry would seem more honest and not such a flip flopper my undecided vote may of went his way but thanks to him and all the moore lies I really don't want him in office.

Just to point out todays results (Monday 2:32PM)

Bush: 181
    Kerry: 164

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6028629/

Face it Kerry is going to lose and then be a HUGE crybaby over it. I bet they take weeks to ensure Bush beat him.... and in the END BUSH WINS.

------------

As far as your (war) remarks I think if kerry wins you should get sent over their with all of kerrys miltary cut backs... Then give you a gun that is old and sticks...lol

It's over Kerry is going to lose.

• User profile image
    Rossj

miamijjs wrote:
    Just to point out todays results (Monday 2:32PM)
    Bush: 181
    Kerry: 164

Has the voting finished already? Or have you not even started yet and you're just spouting meaningless stats?

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

miamijjs wrote:

It's over Kerry is going to lose.

So what are you're plans for employment once the RNC quits financing your rants Smiley

• User profile image
    Maurits

It's this kind of endless bickering that makes me want to vote for Badnarik. Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.