Coffeehouse Thread

155 posts

<Kerry>President</Bush>

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

manickernel wrote:
    Something to correct past mistakes that allowed Sadaam to murder 300,000 of his own people.

So why is no-one doing anything about Sudan? And I include the UK in this.  If both countries feel like they have the right to act like the World Police they can't just selectively choose which evils they will ignore and which they will punish.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Tom Malone wrote:
    I am afraid to say there is no evidence to link alqueda and iraq, the Bush administratin spent lots of money and time, finding a link. There isn't one, Donal Ronsvelt has even said so. Also Saddam hated terroists, he felt they were a threat to his dictatorship, so he reguarlly killed all terrorists he knew about in iraq. Saddam has not done anything in recent years, an American ambasador gace Saddam permission to invade Kuirate, they were stunned whern America retaliated, they thought they would treat it like another Israeli act of terror, and ignore it. The reason why there are no figures on iraqie dead is that the troops are told not to count them, but from reports in Iraq the 100,000 is an under estamate, as it doesn't include must of the dead in Faluja. America has to realise that these people sit there and think, America is killing all my friends familly etc. I'm going to kill them, the more America kill the more terroists are born. Leading American annalysts say for every Iraqie killed 10 terroist stand up to take his place. So go burn faluja, but are you willing to pay for this action in Amercian dead because that is what will happen.

"The enermy of my enermy is my friend."

Saddam Hussein supported any terrorist organization that wanted to attack the United States of America. That is why he commissioned the contruction of the training camp in Northern Iraq for Al Qaeda.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

I think the US would be wise to look at the root cause of Funadmentalism. Has a large amount of people just all in the sudden became crazy and wanted to attack the US? Or were there other reasons behind it?

The whole "they're jealous of our Freedom" argument really doesn't hold water when you remember that before a coalition of the willing was formed, there were plenty of countries with the same freedoms that we have were *not* targets.

Sure they have planks in their eyes.. We ought to look at the ones in our own eyes as well. Might make our job easier and spare a few lives in the process.

• User profile image
    thechris

sudan, congo, and columbia, as well as many others.  there are bad things happening around the world that get little media attention and thus no one cares.

can anyone give a reason why the USA should go to sudan instead of the UN?  IIRC, the arabic sudanese are exiling/mass murdering the african sudanese.

how exactly would you win sudan?  aren't a large number of people there effectively very racist.  from the US civil war, violence did not stop racism.

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

thechris wrote:
    sudan, congo, and columbia, as well as many others.  there are bad things happening around the world that get little media attention and thus no one cares.

Seems to me I remember an Onion article where people in the Sudan wished that Sudan had oil....

• User profile image
    Tom Malone

So basically the US is only going to take countries seriously that have a viable econimic return in invasion.

George Bush isn't runnign a country hes running a company!!

• User profile image
    miamijjs

George Bush isn't runnign a country hes running a company!!
    [/quote]

Perhaps thats what we need.

• User profile image
    jamie

miamijjs wrote:

Lets look at the facts.....

1. Bush had more popular votes than any other president in history

"2. Bush's victory was the NARROWEST win for a sitting president since Woodrow Wilson in 1916. "

http://www.michaelmoore.com/

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

While I'm not a huge fan of Michael Moore, I am glad he realizes that not all of us Christian Evangelicals are Politically Conservative.. And yes, many of us are social Liberals.

Moral Values doesn't have to just include the usual items. Some of us believe it is very moral to provide Universal Healthcare to those who can't afford it. Every time I hear Bush and his Tax Cuts, I think of Matthew 6:24. Gimme a break, it's Sunday.. Smiley

• User profile image
    Cider

manickernel wrote:
    Ok, I keep hearing this 100,000 Iragi death figure being laid at the feet of America.

FACT: In the last 3 weeks, the lovely, wonderful oh so heroic freedom fighters have killled 10 of their own people for each evil occupier.

WAKE UP! They cut heads off, with big knives. They are so friggin ignorant they don't even know basic geography. And they are being financed from Saudi.(You know, the guys that flew the planes)

Get a friggin clue here people. Sitting in your comfy little living room and making a holier than thou critic of America is a washout. You are just looking for an excuse to bash a country that is actually doing something. Something to correct past mistakes that allowed Sadaam to murder 300,000 of his own people. Something to correct a religion that believes husbands have the right to beat and kill wives. Something to change a region that lives in medieval times.

Ritual and faith have little to do with one another. Real faith comes from a voice deep within each of us, any of us, but we have to listen. Fanatical zealotry comes from ego. From the belief that we are better than others. You know, touch my Koran infidel and you have commited a sin. Cannot walk into my mosque infidel, that is a sin. Funny, I do not recall any church refusing anyone the right to walk inside.

EDIT: And where are hard facts to back up this figure of 100,000? Any group that blows up 5 year old kids is beneath contempt, beneath pity, beneath mercy.

Falluja will burn.

So, let me get this straight?

As well as putting in some vile comments stereotyping the world's biggest religion, its all a lie that the US is killing up to 100,000 innocent people and its down to a few fanatical freedom fighters.  And your solution is in order to get a few of these freedom fighters is.....wiping out the population of an entire city.

Great.  Well done.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

eagle said "...and the World is united in sorrow.:

No eagle (you sorry as* bitter Kerry fanboy loser) you really need to get over this.

Lets look at the facts.....

1. Bush had more popular votes than any other president in history
    2. Bush won the e. votes
    3. More Americans liked Bush than Kerry.

Kerry himself is more of a man than you, he's pushing for a "UNITED" states under bush and all we hear for you is BS.

Go shoot yourself if you can't take the truth more people like bush......

PS. more people liked bush..... get it you (I need to be nice to people)?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.