Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

ActiveSync

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Mike Falk

I am having trouble syncing with activesync.  It is telling me that I don't have any Partnerships set up.  It all worked fine untill a couple of days ago!  Crap, what is going on!  I can sync no problem with my Laptop, but try to sync with desktop just shuts down and says "No partnerships"...

Help Please!

• User profile image
    OSUKid7

Welcome to my world. ActiveSync is nice when it works, which is pretty close to never.

• User profile image
    mkrisher

have you tried upgrading to 3.7.1? I had the problem a while back and the upgrade fixed it. Soft Resetting the device usually works too.

• User profile image
    Graham

Mike Falk wrote:
    I am having trouble syncing with activesync.  It is telling me that I don't have any Partnerships set up.  It all worked fine untill a couple of days ago!  Crap, what is going on!  I can sync no problem with my Laptop, but try to sync with desktop just shuts down and says "No partnerships"...

Help Please!

Activesync can have only one primary relationship another device.  Once you have that primary device setup all others should fall under guest.  What might be happening is that you first setup the primary on the desktop then setup another on the laptop thus removing the one with the desktop. When you go back to the desktop it will ask again if you want to create a primary relationship with the desktop.  If you say yes it will create a new relationship naming it something like PockPC002.  If you continue to do this back and forth between each device you will soon have a very large collection of diffrent PocketPC relationships with icons all over you desktop and laptop.  The possible solution is to simple have one Primary relationship and make all others Guest.  The trade off is that as Guest you can only sync Task, Contacts and Calander. 

Hope this helps just my expirance with the gadgets.  If anyone else has some more suggestion please lets stack them up here. 

• User profile image
    Mike Falk

I have upgraded, I have been using the update for some time now already.  Regarding the switching back and forth between computers...  I would already accept this answer and move on except for the fact that my wife is also having this problem and she has never synced anywhere else but on our desktop... Hmmm...  This really driving me nuts!  I'm to the point of doing something drastic!  Like a full system clean up... Reinstall windows and start from scratch!  I will be doing this in a day or so if I have not recieved any other sugestions.

BTW  Thanks for the current suggestions!  I appreciate the responses!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.