Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

'The Daddy' is coming .... !

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

Down here in deepest darkest ‘chateaux Sabot’ in fair blighty, we are all getting rather excited by the arrival of Half Life 2.

Ofcourse I am completely nuts about the game and would totally willing queue up at the local ‘PC World’ at 12:00am at night to buy my copy, if I hadn’t already ordered my copy on Amazon @cough@ … a year and a half ago!

I know Halo 2 is about to come out I hear the my Microsoft buddies chant and I’m sure it’s going to be great … but guys … Half Life is (as we would say this side of London) … The Daddy!

So who else just can’t wait? I think we should just have a 'headless chicken' frenzed and excited school kiddy type posting session.

(I’m ashamed really, I’m 33, married, with a mortgage … and I live in Surrey … not at all stiff upper lip and all that!)

• User profile image
    Manip

I already own it and have it downloaded on my PC.. in encrypted form of course.

At 12 midnight I can literally play it.

• User profile image
    phunky_avoc​ado

I can't wait either.  I ordered mine from Amazon quite a while ago too.  And I'm 41, as are all of my gaming buddies (+- a year or two), with children, and married so don't be ashamed; I'm not.  But I did let go of the mortgage to cash in on an astronomical profit; only waiting to do it again!  The poor sap who bought my house is now sitting on a loss.

• User profile image
    Manip

You know, if when you sold your house you didn't report any problems with it, they can sue you for a very large amount ....

• User profile image
    phunky_avoc​ado

No, we disclosed everything, and I mean everything because you are right, they can, and we knew that.  Because the doctor who bought it said "name your price" and so we did.  Along with the mold, the faulty irrigation system, the termite damage, the whole 9 yards.  They got nothing on us except remourse I'd wager. 

Manip wrote:
    You know, if when you sold your house you didn't report any problems with it, they can sue you for a very large amount ....

• User profile image
    Sabot

Around to Phunky's house, bring 'Beer and Pizza' (... and some Sherry for the good wife), for a Half Life 2 LAN and DIY party then on the 19th then.

Smiley

• User profile image
    phunky_avoc​ado

The whole LAN is set up to accommodate up to 25 players!  So come one, come all!  A good time for all is to be found.  What's "DIY" (I am out of touch I guess)?

Sabot wrote:
    Around to Phunky's house, bring 'Beer and Pizza' (... and some Sherry for the good wife), for a Half Life 2 LAN and DIY party then on the 19th then.

Smiley

• User profile image
    Cider

Am I hyped up for it?  Just a tad!

From that video a year and a half ago from E3, through the countless times I've watched the "Striiiiiiiiddeeeerrrrs!!!!" video amongst others, all the screenshots, from stolen code to delay to delay, I've been waiting for this!  And now, the reviews starting to trickle out that maybe, just maybe, it really as good as all that (unlike that gigantic let-down that was Doom 3).

And with all the hype, I suddenly realised something.  I don't even know what the release date is!

D'oh!

• User profile image
    Manip

Why don't you sad people that are going down to the games shops at midnight just buy it online, install it right now and have it when it is released...

With the CD all you get is a copy of the online installer plus a backup of the files you would have downloaded from them ...

www.steampowered.com <

• User profile image
    Alexm

I know Halo 2 is about to come out I hear the my Microsoft buddies chant and I’m sure it’s going to be great … but guys … Half Life is (as we would say this side of London) … The Daddy!

On my side of London, Halo 2 is definitely Top Dog and everyone knows that beats the daddy Wink

• User profile image
    Titan

Halo 2. Time to hybernate for a while... Smiley

• User profile image
    Jaz

Manip wrote:
    Why don't you sad people that are going down to the games shops at midnight just buy it online, install it right now and have it when it is released...

With the CD all you get is a copy of the online installer plus a backup of the files you would have downloaded from them ...

www.steampowered.com <

Some people don't have the patientce to download 4.5gb's worth of data, and anyhow I love to have a game in my hands, the manual and other goodies they give you, plus the art wor on the case.  Sorry but it's not sad.

I am buying it both from Steam and from Amazon

• User profile image
    Cider

Hi,

Thought I'd point out an incredibly fascinating article on the Half Life 2 development and all the shenanighans with release dates/hackers/etc.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6112889/index.html

Seems like the Valve guys put almost everything, including their health, into this game!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.