Coffeehouse Thread

44 posts

The Channel 9 Survey: Extended Deadline!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    The Channel 9 Team

EDIT: The survey has been extended until this Wednesday. If you haven't taken it yet, please do. Thanks!

It sure has been a wild ride since we launched Channel 9 about seven months ago. Thank you for your support and passion. Now, it's time to show our bosses exactly why Channel 9 is or isn't important to you.

Please help us out and take this survey. Share your thoughts with us on your experience with Channel 9 and where you think it should go in the future.

We want to continue to add value to Channel 9 and your feedback is vital.

Much thanks in advance and keep on posting,

The Channel 9 Team

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Just submitted my feedback!

Hope that Channel 9 will continue to be the unique inside view and interaction channel with Microsoft, you guys ROCK!!!

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks dotnetjunkie,

We will certainly do our best!

Stay tuned for a bright future on Channel 9.

Keep on posting,

Charles

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Just submitted my survey answer sheet. I hope what we say doesn't make your boss/bosses shot down C9 because they think it's not worth it. But I don't think they will since I wrote some pretty good stuff about you guys. It's a bit obvious who we want to see in the videos, or at least for me it was. I want to see your head bosses, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer. It probably won't happen but it's worth a shot!

• User profile image
    Chris​Stepaniuk

Surveys, they remind me of the, "please use other side if neccessary" type of response.

Chris

• User profile image
    NetRyder

Done. Smiley
    The Channel9 team has been doing a superb job with the site. Looking forward to seeing even more cool stuff in the future.

• User profile image
    Peter​Marshall

Survey's are difficult to do right. But I did not understand the question about death of a celebrity. So I guess it was an attempt to be joky, but the joke falls flat with me as I haven't got a clue. I don't even know who the pople are in that list! Why didn't you have an option on there "I haven't a clue what you are talking about". I could have chosen that option.
    So in summary, be careful with american cultural refeences, we are a global developer community. Are we not.
    Cultural references can alienate some people.

• User profile image
    Charles

Peter,

We should have probably added a "Huh?" option for that question. No offense! We are indeed a global community.

Charles

• User profile image
    Jaz

should you really be able to submit the survey more than once?

• User profile image
    pdrg

about being worldly - one of the prizes you suggested was a trip to redmond to meat the C9 folks...nice idea, but arranging visas for USA is a nightmare, and you probably thought of this prize assuming an American/Canadian winner...?  I know America is home to Microsoft etc, but this is the kind of area you can really show global consciousness!

• User profile image
    Manip

Did anyone understand -

What do you think about community-based moderation of Channel 9 Forums?

?

• User profile image
    copy-paste

Manip wrote:
    Did anyone understand -

?

Beside the Paris Hilton question was that another question where I had to get into the head of the question creator. Then, I gave the only right answer: "good idea" ?!?!
    Just hope that MS's not gonna shut down C9. It is a great place to get the information from the first hand.

Keep up the good work!!!

• User profile image
    ZippyV

It means that Jamie will get moderator privileges and be able to delete our posts (or spam).

• User profile image
    Charles

pdrg wrote:
    ...and you probably thought of this prize assuming an American/Canadian winner...? 

Actually, no, we did not think in terms of geographic location in this case. If you're on Earth, then you would be eligible for this prize. Sorry if we offended you.

Charles

• User profile image
    jamie

haha
    very funny

sounds like slashdot mods

not to crazy about the idea..

• User profile image
    Charles

Manip wrote:
    Did anyone understand -

?

Do you think community-based moderation is a good idea or should we leave forum post moderation up to me and the rest of the Channel 9 crew?

Charles

• User profile image
    Charles

copy-paste wrote:

Just hope that MS's not gonna shut down C9. It is a great place to get the information from the first hand.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thank you!

Channel 9 is not going off the air, thanks to support from viewers like you Smiley

Expect some nifty, cool new features this year.

Charles

• User profile image
    Manip

Define 'community-based moderation'

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.