Is Netscape trying to make a come back?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

http://navigator-stage.netscape.com/

At a glance, it looks like it.

• User profile image
    Manip

If that is the best Netscrap can come up with then sorry, but I'll be sticking with IE / FireFox for the moment!

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Manip wrote:
    If that is the best Netscrap can come up with then sorry, but I'll be sticking with IE / FireFox for the moment!

It seems that the only thing they are doing is wasting Time Warner's money.

• User profile image
    jamie

Looks interesting.

Just a different spin on googles Desktop search bar. It is also a pretty smart move making the "Netscape" brand into what this looks like: a floating web navigator.

better than a meme that connotates failure
    still dont no if theyll ever shake that stigma

• User profile image
    vanlandw

i think an idea like that could float for end users....but for professonals I don't think they will go for it

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Yes it will float... Then sink

• User profile image
    Knute

Whats Firefox? I thought that was the plane Clint stole from the Ruskies in that movie back in the 80's

~ Knute

• User profile image
    Tom Malone

i think it is not meant to replace a browser but make searches easier. but searching through catorgaries is quite a nice idea. Maybe it will make booking a holiday easier

• User profile image
    jamie

see? thats why its easy to construe CH9 as a farce:

Pretend Tom Malones post (above) was to be included in "whatever" release - if the idea was revolutionary - you couldnt include it - as the mary jo folys of the world are probably watching.

so i guess this is just a big bug report..

oh well - better than NO big bug report Wink

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.