Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

SQL 05 and VS.NET 05 but different runtimes?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    darklotus

We recently installed the March 2004 preview release of VS.NET 2005 from the MSDN site and then tried to install the included SQL 2005 SSE version thats included and a whole mess of problems began. All of the errors fade into the .NET runtime. I guess the 2.0 version thats installed with VS.NET is different from the runtime thats installed with Yukon SSE. But they are on the same DVD image, i dont get it... 

• User profile image
    mhawley

Currently they're not compatible in the March bits release.

• User profile image
    darklotus

Then why even spend the time to package them together if you cant even use them together? Oh well, i hope they dont release the final copy that way...

• User profile image
    ktegels

darklotus wrote:
    We recently installed the March 2004 preview release of VS.NET 2005 from the MSDN site and then tried to install the included SQL 2005 SSE version thats included and a whole mess of problems began. All of the errors fade into the .NET runtime. I guess the 2.0 version thats installed with VS.NET is different from the runtime thats installed with Yukon SSE. But they are on the same DVD image, i dont get it... 

SSE? What's SSE? I've intentionally not opened my CTP version because I knew it wasn't Yukon friendly.

• User profile image
    darklotus

SSE is the MSDE version of Yukon. It has no tools just like MSDE, all it has is the database engine. I found it by mistake on the VS.NET 2005 DVD.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.