Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

PDC 2004?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Odin

Hi guys,
    I'm doing the budget for my team for the next financial year and was wondering if someone knows at least a month when PDC 2004 is going to be held.

• User profile image
    Chris123NT

I would say they'd probably do it in October again just like PDC 03.  This just pure speculation on my part though.

• User profile image
    EvilMonkey

They don't do them every year, so are we even sure they are doing one in 2004?  I sure hope so, because I missed the last one and would love to attend.

• User profile image
    bwill

I haven't heard of any PDC plans for 2004, and if we were doing it this year I'd probably have heard about it.  (Planning starts way in advance for those things.)  Having said that, I'm not in charge of the PDC planning, so don't sue me if there is one after all.

• User profile image
    ktegels

bwill wrote:
    I haven't heard of any PDC plans for 2004, and if we were doing it this year I'd probably have heard about it.  (Planning starts way in advance for those things.)  Having said that, I'm not in charge of the PDC planning, so don't sue me if there is one after all.

Yep, I agree. Now Q1'CY05... yes, that's when I expect to see the next PDC. I'm willing to bet that they'll get this one as close to Whidbey/Yukon go live as possible.

Of course, it will mostly be about Longhorn, I bet as well.

• User profile image
    Richard Acton

Chris123NT wrote:
    I would say they'd probably do it in October again just like PDC 03.  This just pure speculation on my part though.

I disagree. All the new information since PDC03 will be given at TechEd in May. I seriously doubt there's enough new information to go to the time, effort and expense to set up a PDC04.

• User profile image
    Odin

Richard Acton wrote:
    Chris123NT wrote: I would say they'd probably do it in October again just like PDC 03.  This just pure speculation on my part though.

I disagree. All the new information since PDC03 will be given at TechEd in May. I seriously doubt there's enough new information to go to the time, effort and expense to set up a PDC04.

Weel, the problem is that if I dont "budget" it we will not be there Sad
    I'm going to send a few developers to TechEd, but I really want my team to go to PDC as well.

• User profile image
    Cos

I have been complaining about this since missing PDC 2001 because the conference was not announced in time for budgeting it... I hope some one at Microsoft will get the hint...

As for 2004, The April 2004 Issue of Visual Studio Magazine (fawcette) Inside the front cover, In the ad for Infragistics it reads

"Infragistics is invited by Microsoft to demonstrate new Avalon devloper tools at the PDC"

So at least somebody is talking about a PDC this year

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

I'd definitely like to be at PDC this year. Not sure my company'll pay for it as we're increasingly becoming a Novell shop (though we missed Brainshare, so you never know).

• User profile image
    SMac

Novell.. which now owns Ximian... which sponsors the Mono project... there's your link right there Wink See 'ya at PDC 200x;)

• User profile image
    Dag

I hope that it is on the east coast this time. Los Angeles two times in a row is to much.

/dag

• User profile image
    Number9

I hope there is a PDC 04

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

Anyone have any idea on ballpark costs to attend PDC this year? I have to submit our 'dream budget' for next year, and I'm going to try and push for my team to go to both PDC and BrainShare next year...

Thanks.

• User profile image
    eagle

Why don't we have a channel9 PDC?

• User profile image
    scobleizer

I like the idea of a Channel9 PDC.

Of course, since the Channel9 team works just a few doors down from the guys who plan the PDC, that wouldn't be too hard to see happen.

I do have some bad news to report, though. As things are right now there won't be a PDC this year. I'll let you know more when I know more about the next PDC (we are planning one for 2005).

Since there won't be a PDC this year, Channel9 has decided to go to "Chris Pirillo's Geeks Gone Wild."

Steve Wozniak is keynoting (co-founder of Apple computer). I think we'll have to give him a Tablet PC demo.

http://www.chrispirillo.com has more details.

• User profile image
    eagle

It looks as if there is a PDC in 2004 after all.

A channel9 PDC would be cool. We could have it in multi-locations around the globe.

• User profile image
    mhawley

eagle wrote:
    It looks as if there is a PDC in 2004 after all.

A channel9 PDC would be cool. We could have it in multi-locations around the globe.

... funny ... though I'm not sure if my company would foot for a developers conference half way around the world especially one where I wouldn't understand a lick of what they're saying.

• User profile image
    Guilherme

UP!

Any news on that? We'll have a 2004 ed. of PDC?

I vote for NYC Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.