Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

MSN music store

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    miamijjs

Even though I really love the Media Center 2004 Napster I was wondering how the MSN music store was going and whats the release date.

Thanks

• User profile image
    Ich

No judge in the United States has yet ruled it is a definite violation of copyright law to download music.  Why pay?

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Because I can afford it and I really don't mind. Having media center 2004 networked in 4 rooms  (including the bathroom) is great.

I have playlists set up that play both my Kazaa mp3s and my Napster subscription ones together. We pay the $9.99 ofr the unlimited mp3s.

Again money is not an issue for us.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

also I like some odd songs I just can't kind on Kazaa.

B sides and cut out cds from the 90s.  Napster is great.

We also do have the ipod/itunes thing for the kids.(running from pcs)

• User profile image
    vanlandw

oh i wish money wasn't an issue for me!!!

hahah..just kidding....9 bucks a month for unlimited safe downloading i'm sure is worth it

• User profile image
    tiernan

only thing i dont like about napster is its not in europe yet. the only good one in europe is OD2 and the Eircom Music Store. 3EUR for 3 songs you can download and burn to CD or some sort of device, or 30 songs to just listen to on your machine. hopefully napster or MSN music store will come to europe soon. that would be nice.

• User profile image
    undead

Now if only MSN or Netflix could have a movie download type subscription service..  I'd never have to leave my couch !! 

• User profile image
    miamijjs

I would pay even more for a more "open" selection of music..but the current selection is great for now.

If Microsoft would do a even better job and it would work on portable devices I would definitely pay more.

• User profile image
    Donkslayer

Id rather just go to some guys site and download it. no cost, no worries

• User profile image
    jonathanh

undead wrote:
    Now if only MSN or Netflix could have a movie download type subscription service..  I'd never have to leave my couch !! 
    I could swear we just announced something like this with a Netflix competitor. Anyone have a URL handy?

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

jonathanh wrote:
    undead wrote: Now if only MSN or Netflix could have a movie download type subscription service..  I'd never have to leave my couch !! 
    I could swear we just announced something like this with a Netflix competitor. Anyone have a URL handy?

Hey Jonathan, did you notice the last edit of that post? It says: Wednesday, Apr 7, 2004 4:26 PM
    This means that they hadn't heard about the announcement.

• User profile image
    jonathanh

See, we do listen to our customers! Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.