Coffeehouse Thread

34 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

New PDC announced

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    The Channel 9 Team

Is this a first? A major company leaking an announcement to a blogger? Jim McKeeth got the first notice that there'll be a Microsoft Professional Developer's Conference in 2005.

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

Awesome!! Too bad I don't live in LA anymore. But it's still awesome! I'm keen on knowing where Longhorn's at, since the last PDC.

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

This could also mean its a possibility that Longhorn could be pushed out further into the pasture in 2006. Which also means that there are more Longhorn Alphas coming!

• User profile image
    Gambit

Hmm, I might have to get on greyhound for this one Smiley

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Steve Cellini is the guy who's running it this year. I'll try to get him to come over here and talk about it.

He works just down the hall, so we talk often. He's a really nice guy and is working hard at planning a good show.

I'll make sure he sees this thread, so if you have any great ideas, post them here!

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Zeo wrote:
    MS. Scoble,

Looks like you wrote "Ms. Scoble" rather than
    Microsoft. Scoble,

Jokes are great Smiley,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    BigDataDev

I was thinking beta 2 by PDC.
    Which means beta 1 in Feb 2005.

• User profile image
    andyandy

Seems like Longhorn beta1 will be around May 2005, from this article http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=25890&category=main&highlight=

• User profile image
    Jaz

remember this time to nab some goody bags to give away on the site

• User profile image
    richy_roo

Hopefully this will co-incide with the release for Yukon and Whidbey and betas of Indigo and Avalon for XP.

If you were only able to attend either TECHED USA or PDC. which one would you pick and why?. Has anyone done both and how do they compare?

Thanks

• User profile image
    k000der

I understand that it's too early to say what registration fee is gonna be, but does anyone have any idea what it was the last time ? I have a feeling that it was between 1500 - 2000 USD (PDC03), am I right ? 

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

richy_roo wrote:
    Hopefully this will co-incide with the release for Yukon and Whidbey and betas of Indigo and Avalon for XP.

While we're are it, let's hope that you don't need an MSDN Universal subscription to get the Indigo and Avalon betas!

• User profile image
    littleguru

I don't live in LA, neither do I live in the US... it's quite a lot to travel.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

Paul was just guessing or probably saw an old document at the time. NeoWin proved a conflict in his announcement, they said May, Paul said February.

I suspect that Microsoft would of course want to give XP 64 some time to be promoted before they start talking about Longhorn fully. WinHec in May 2005 will be the time to announce Longhorn, and talk about the beta being made available to testers in June of 2005.

Trust me on this one, June 2005 is Beta 1 for Longhorn.

I also read that Mile Stone 9 which is the last one for Longhorn Alpha will be March 2005.

• User profile image
    hillr

The 2003 PDC was my 5th PDC.  I'm usually pretty hard core about absorbing as much as I can but the 2003 PDC pushed me to my limits.  I rarely ate in the eating area.  It was usually gotten to go so I could run off to the sessions scheduled during lunch.  My first suggestion is to *not* schedule sessions over lunch.  Give folks a chance to take a breather and talk to other attendees over lunch.  My second suggestion is make the wireless network more reliable.  Finally, I enjoyed previous PDCs where there was a PDC mailsystem that allowed you to find other attendees (folks you might not have seen in a while).  In general Microsoft puts on great conferences ('98 PDC excluded) and takes good care of the attendees.

PS. I loved the Snickers Ice Cream bar snacks!  Yum.

• User profile image
    BigDataDev

>> Trust me on this one, June 2005 is Beta 1 for Longhorn

Wow, that pushes it out a bit.
    Any thoughts on beta 2?

I am thinking Dec 2005 or Feb-Mar 2006.
    Which means GA in November 2006 or Jan 2007.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.