Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MSN Spaces themes

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

I recently figured I could try my hand at blogging again, and decided to use MSN Spaces, mainly because it can be updated using mobile devices.

However, I have some problems with the themes. Only a few themes are actually usuable, because a lot of them have no distinction between links and normal text. This is horrid when placing links in blog entries. I'm now solving this by manually setting the colour of links, which makes them stand out at least a little. Still, I think this is something that should be fixed.

I filled out the feedback survey, but thought I'd also post it here. It also gives me the chance to advertise my blog (although admittedly there isn't much interesting there yet):
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/sgroot/

PS: I wonder how many other people use that tagline. Surely somebody else must've thought of that pun? Wink

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Loadsgood wrote:
    There's a feedback survey? I want to fill it out and tell them how good MSN Spaces is. Your right, some themes are unusable (and not just because the links look like the text, if you know what I mean *puke smiley here*)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Ideally, I want to be able to create my own theme, at least meddle a little with some of the CSS settings, perhaps a custom background image, stuff like that.

The feedback survey can be accessed through the Feedback link at the bottom-right of any MSN Space.

• User profile image
    Rocky Moore

I know what you mean about the selection.  The functionality of the blogs seem to be good, but the templates they are using in this "beta" (you must remember it is still beta, hopefully they will provide more on release) are mostly pretty sad.  I know MS has a great graphics department that can do better than these.

For my blog spaces.msn.com/members/Rocko/ , I selected the Autumn template.  It seems easy enough to read, but I would have used a larger text.

They should at least provide the abilty to supply your own background image.

I think MS has done a great job on what they have at this point, but I would like to see a greater selection of templates.

Rocky Moore
    www.HintsAndTips.com

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Sven Groot wrote:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Ideally, I want to be able to create my own theme, at least meddle a little with some of the CSS settings, perhaps a custom background image, stuff like that.

The feedback survey can be accessed through the Feedback link at the bottom-right of any MSN Space.

Same here, maybe they'll implement it once MSN Spaces gets released. Oh you mean that feedback survey (the crap type, not the Channel9 style type)... Anyway I went to the survey and it says that it is broken and they're trying to fix it.

I wonder what happened because of the Channel9 survey,
    Loadsgood

• User profile image
    tommyswf

hmmm i couldnt find where to edit the CSS style
    can someone show me please

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

tommyswf wrote:
    hmmm i couldnt find where to edit the CSS style
    can someone show me please

You can't edit the CSS settings yet. We're requesting that. But I only want to mess around with the CSS file in a certain (restricted) way. That way there is minimal chance of my Blog being trashed.

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I think I saw 'The Final Frontier' on someone's MSN Spaces Blog (besides yours) but it might have been a website.

There's a feedback survey? I want to fill it out and tell them how good MSN Spaces is. Your right, some themes are unusable (and not just because the links look like the text, if you know what I mean *puke smiley here*)

To fix that, I use Electric Green. It's really good since the text is white, and the links yellow with the background black. Check it out at my Blog. I also think they should get rid of that horrid toolbar that we are supposed to use when we're making a new blog  post, and replace it with Channel9's AddPost toolbar. But I guess there is some relief.

Check out my tagline, isn't it grand?
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I just discovered another problem. The emoticons really don't work all that well on a background that isn't white...
    An example is visible on my space.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.