Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Are we really making a difference?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

This question has probably been asked loads of times in the past

But is Channel9 and the MSDN Blogs making that much of a difference to the way Microsoft develops its products and services?

Granted, we do get more direct feedback rather than the "MS Wish" and "Product Feedback" forms from Microsoft.com, but have there been any major product changes due, entirely, because of Channel9?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

"Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you of the bridge of that ship... because while you're there... you can make a difference."

Sorry, reading the subject line, I just had to do it. Whoever knows the origin of the quote gets a cookie. Wink

As for the question, I don't know. Smiley
    The openness of Visual Studio definitely has made a different. Just look at the VS2005 site. For instance edit and continue in C#, that's a feature they're gonna put in based purely on the feedback they got there.

• User profile image
    The Channel 9 Team

This is Scoble speaking. We haven't been tracking that. I think the first effect you'll see is in Internet Explorer.

But, yes, you are being listened to. I hear it all the time as I'm walking around campus. Are you being listened to enough? No. So I carry a big stick too. Smiley

Robert Scoble

• User profile image
    jazzmatazz

i Hope somebody is listening. I see that there a lot of people with a lot to say. I just hope all this gets put to good use

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Well, its just that I'd hate to see Internet Explorer v7.0 without full CSS1, 2, 2.1, and 3 (it'll probably be finalised by then) support, oh, and tabbed browsing too

• User profile image
    Rossj

W3bbo wrote:
    Well, its just that I'd hate to see Internet Explorer v7.0 without full CSS1, 2, 2.1, and 3 (it'll probably be finalised by then) support, oh, and tabbed browsing too

I am actually getting quite excited about IE7 now, it is such a perfect opportunity for us to get the things we want and leapfrog over Firefox .. but  it doesn't help us Mac users.

• User profile image
    Gandalf

Sven Groot wrote:
    "Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you of the bridge of that ship... because while you're there... you can make a difference."

Captain James T. Kirk to Captain Jean-Luc Picard in "Star Trek : Generations", on how to have a fulfilling career in Starfleet. Now where's my cookie?

• User profile image
    jamie

robert sounds likes hes broadcasting over pirate radio airwaves in the last 2 posts alias "C9 team"
    - "this is scoble speaking" etc
    Like Zappa's "the central scrutinizor" off Joes Garage
    ..you should podcast a show.. "the central scobalizer"  with your voice through a transitor radio Wink

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.