Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

SPOT SDK?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    chuawenching

Will Microsoft released any SPOT SDK and SPOT emulator like Smartphone / Pocket PC 2003 SDK?

I had asked this question on January (http://www.spotstop.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116) and seems that it won't be any. I would like to ask again. I feel that SPOT is a lightweight cool technology to play with!

Any idea please?

Thanks.

• User profile image
    OSUKid7

That sounds like a good idea to help the emerging technology. Without it (or maybe even with), I can't see SPOT staying around for long. There are much better/cheaper tools to do the same thing.

• User profile image
    chuawenching

There are much better/cheaper tools to do the same thing. --> any example?

I really hope Malaysia will have this SPOT Service so I can enjoy. Was planning to buy SPOT, but once i heard there will be no services in Malaysia, I had to forget it. Sad

• User profile image
    Kevin Daly

I was curious about the same thing myself, but given that we're unlikely to see it here in the conceivable future (can you think of a business model that would make it worthwhile with a population of 3 1/2 million?) I have to admit my enthusiasm's waned.
    Although if there were an emulator and SDK I'm pretty sure I'd try them out of curiosity if nothing else.

It's an interesting thought: I thought smartphone development took some getting used to, but SPOT would be a really different model.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.