Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Mac Mini?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    adam_tj

Who's going to purchase the mac mini and ditch XP? www.apple.com/macmini

• User profile image
    barlo_mung

Looks neat but can I order it for less $$$ without the crappy OS if I just want it for a Linux box?  Or do I have to pay the Apple tax?

• User profile image
    asqui

adam_tj wrote:
    Who's going to purchase the mac mini and ditch XP? www.apple.com/macmini

The machine I built three years ago has a higher spec than these devices -- why would I pay for a downgrade?

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

asqui wrote:
    The machine I built three years ago has a higher spec than these devices -- why would I pay for a downgrade?

Because it looks shiny.

• User profile image
    matt0210

Cool!!! You built a mac and reprogrammed OSX?

Why do so many people insist on comparing apples and organges (sorry about the pun)? A Mac is different. It can do with 'less', that's just a fact. And I'm not saying the mac mini is as good a 3,8GHz Xeon either.

Different.

• User profile image
    grennis

Sorry, but the Mac Mini does not even have the minimum system requirements which are required to play World of Warcraft. This thing is a dud, and if you feel like spending $600 for something that can only surf web and do email, well, I wish I had your disposable income.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.