Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Anyone else see Opus yesterday?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jkwuc89

In my Sunday newspaper, the Opus strip had Opus finishing a book that he had been working on for years.  Near the end of the strip, he goes to save the document only to see his computer crash.  Opus screams and then, throws his computer out the window.  In the final panel, Steve Dallas' son upon seeing the computer on the ground and the broken window comments to Steve, "Maybe that's why they call it Windows?"

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Yes, I saw it. Even one more reason to move from the "windows" name for Longhorn.

• User profile image
    Minh

jkwuc89 wrote:
    In my Sunday newspaper, the Opus strip had Opus finishing a book that he had been working on for years.  Near the end of the strip, he goes to save the document only to see his computer crash.  Opus screams and then, throws his computer out the window.  In the final panel, Steve Dallas' son upon seeing the computer on the ground and the broken window comments to Steve, "Maybe that's why they call it Windows?"

I didn't even know BB was making another strip. Hurah!

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

...and if you look very carefully at the drawing, where there is a bag of spilled apples (Bill the Cat was smashed by the PC), one of the apples has a circular notch cut out of it, which I assume is a reference to the Apple logo.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, told me that his ex-wife lost her entire dissertation and that none of the engineers at Apple could get it back. This was in the early days of Apple (around 1980).

That reminds me, gotta back my stuff up!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.