Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Windows Media Player Auto-ratings

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    sn1p3t

Does anyone know how Windows Media Player 9/10 determine the auto rating it gives unrated songs? Does it go by how many times you listen to a song, or how many times you listen to a song all the way through (for example, sometimes the shuffle brings up a song I don't want and I skip immediately). I was just curious.

• User profile image
    SorinD

From my experience, I believe it's based on the second choice (how many times you listen to a song all the way through). However, I don't know for sure, it may be a more complicated formula (percent of song listened to, or some other things like this).

• User profile image
    MasterPi

I think it's how many times you listen to the song.

• User profile image
    physicalatt​ract

mVPstar said:
    I think it's how many times you listen to the song.
    I don't think so. I added two new CD's and listened to both of them. One of them had all the songs on 3.5 stars, the other one on 4 stars. When I listend to the CD with 3.5 stars two more times, it didn't even increase!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.