Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hey Googlers it's Picasa 2!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

Picasa Picasa Photo Organizer

Download
    It's free and takes seconds to install.
    How does this work?

• User profile image
    GeoffC

Yeah, and it resolutely refuses to recognise the NTFS metadata (Title, Subject, Keywords, Comments and Author) assigned to all my image files by Microsoft's Digital Image Library.

So you think I'm going to go through the pain of retagging all my picture library for the sake of some pretty user interface features?

I don't think so.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

*uses Photoshop*

I'm happy 'nuff Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

It's a really nice tool. I have definitively to check out version 2.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

I wonder if Google is trying to cut off Microsoft's revenue sources as if I recall Microsoft sells Digital Imaging software...

• User profile image
    bsilby

It looks like a nice tool.

I don't think I need it, though. Perhaps I don't have as many photos as other people, because I really don't find it too difficult to organise them manually.

Brent.

• User profile image
    GeoffC

OK, a month has gone by, and I've changed my mind about Picasa version 2.

For the reasons why, see http://spaces.msn.com/members/gcoupe/Blog/cns!1pfnKMM_BORf8-PhonbrwGoA!245.entry 

Anyone know whether Microsoft has any interest (or even cares) about XMP?

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Shining Arcanine wrote:
    I wonder if Google is trying to cut off Microsoft's revenue sources as if I recall Microsoft sells Digital Imaging software...

Yes, THAT's their revenue source, and they're the leader in that field... (coughcoughAdobephotoshop)

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Isn't Picasa spyware? I distinctly remember in the T&C for v.1.0 that it records information about you to Google.

After all... Google's main business (financially) is advertising and marketing.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.