Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MySQL Control Center like application for MSSQL

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    GurliGebis

Hey.

Do any of you know if there is a MySQL Control Center like application for MSSQL, so I can create databases, tables etc. ?

• User profile image
    Mike Dimmick

I take it you're talking about MS SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE), which doesn't come with any graphical management tools. Otherwise you should use Enterprise Manager, which should be installed. If you want to install it on a client machine simply select 'Client Tools Only' from the SQL Server setup.

You could try MS SQL Web Data Administrator. You can perform a lot of management through VS.NET, too.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Mike Dimmick wrote:
    I take it you're talking about MS SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE), which doesn't come with any graphical management tools. Otherwise you should use Enterprise Manager, which should be installed. If you want to install it on a client machine simply select 'Client Tools Only' from the SQL Server setup.

You could try MS SQL Web Data Administrator. You can perform a lot of management through VS.NET, too.

Do you know if Enterprise Manager is being re-worked for the next version of MS-SQL? (crosses fingers).

• User profile image
    gangstah

The best one I've found is SQLyog.  There's an enterprise edition (costs money) and theirs a scaled down version (free).  The scaled down one does everything I need.

Also, I'm becoming more and more of a fan of phpMyAdmin.

• User profile image
    PeterF

In the next version of SQL, 2005, you get a manager for the express editions. For MSSQL you already have the enterprise manager? Even in Visual Studio 2003 you can connect to an SQL instance and edit tables etc.

Here is the link to the SQL 2005 Express manager:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f92556a-6c3b-47d2-9929-ecdc5a4d25ae&DisplayLang=en

Peter

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.