Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

3rd local .asp blog - so far so good...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

...for anyone following along -

ive been testing alot of client side blogging apps recently as msn spaces and blogger are just too corp for me - so if youre looking for local easy asp blogs see below:

webwiz forums journal (no RSS)..dumped it - but it is really easy (this is the one that got hacked way back when)

nanopress blog ( free - has rss1 - lots of interface issues).. dumped it  (*anyone home? New version coming...for..ever)

new one im using now: -
    uBLog  (uapplication.com)

i am so far very happy with this app

Its not free - (30$) but it is very easy to customize and the only down side to it is a rather bizarre editor  (wish it used webwiz rich text editor)

i registered songblogs.com recently and have started on a few musicians sites i know

for a sample see www.jgrant.com/songblogs/jp/index.asp?ci=11&s=category

i guess this amounts to a plug - but its not meant to be as i dont know who makes ublog - but it is the closest ive seen so far that i wish MS was making.
    ** i would much rather be running or BUYING the exact same thing from MS ** but you cant.  Like media centre. Cant buy it.  Garageband.. nope - dont do music.  anyways - i digress...

Check it out if youre looking for a local blog solution  - or.. as the programmer said: "Works for ME!"

• User profile image
    Minh

You know, I've just gotten into this blogging business -- and something came up. Back up. Who's backing up my blog? How often? What if a company goes kaputt? Scoble said he lost, what?, 5 years of email when leaving a company. THe same thing could be said for blogs. I'm using .Text BTW, and it's OK, but already obsolete. The author is doing Community Server, but way more than I needed.

• User profile image
    jamie

i find the worst part to be - even if you back it up - then you move to another blog - or even a new version

of all the progs listed above - my family actually used them while ive "learned" = lost a lot of posts ( all)

this is why MS needs to get into this space

i want windows update for my blog - even if ive hacked the *(*(*&) out of it

the DB and info are un-portable now

meanwhile corps are too busy trying to make you go through them to post about your LIFE

youd think theyd roll it back for a while

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I might be mistaken, but I think I've seen blogs that could import posts from an RSS feed. With such a system, you can just use that to preserve posts between upgrades or changing to such a system.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.