Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vloggercon

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

I'm posting on an MAC from Vloggercon 2005, NYC. The buzz here is amazing! Video blogs are going to change everything!

• User profile image
    The Channel 9 Team

Please do give us a report! Channel 9 is a leader in vlogging. What's funny is it only takes a $350 camcorder (well, that, and a lot of bandwidth).

• User profile image
    Rossj

eagle wrote:
    I'm posting on an MAC

I knew you'd see the light eventually Wink

eagle wrote:
    from Vloggercon 2005, NYC. The buzz here is amazing! Video blogs are going to change everything!

Yes a report would be great. Do you have a video camera with you Paul? Maybe you could vlog the vloggercon (if that isn't too brechtian) Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

What is vloggercon all about?

• User profile image
    eagle

Sharing

• User profile image
    eagle

Vloggercon

Vloggercon 2005 New York City was a wonderful day of sharing, thanks to everyone’s generosity of spirit!

This conference was originally conceived as a meet-up of Vloggers who knew each other through their video blogs, but henceforth its vlogs and print blogs. Alls changed, changed utterly; the network effect from our gathering of eighty people in the ultra-technological NYU Media Lab will reverberate throughout the blogosphere and the ionosphere.

Until yesterday nobody really knew what they were doing, but by coming together we all affirmed to one another that this is something powerful. It’s going to grow, it’s going to grow by leaps and bounds with phenomenal potential.

The Blizzard of ’05 will melt away, but Vloggercon ’05 is gathering momentum as the bits and bytes are aggregated and syndicated all around our networked world!

• User profile image
    Rossj

eagle wrote:
    The Blizzard of ’05 will melt away, but Vloggercon ’05 is gathering momentum

At least until people start getting mugged for their video cameras Smiley The me-tv link that you put up has some videos if anyone is looking for new video feeds.

Where can I find vlogs of the conference?

Edit: Here apparently Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

eagle wrote:
    Sharing

...And to think it was a BitTorrent conferrence Wink

• User profile image
    eagle

BitTolerant is only one of many forms of file distribution and when vlogging you also need to be knowledgeable about compression.

Viewing por-n is a passive obsession, creating vlogs is participatory joy.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Oh man - heres me just ordering my Orange SPV c500 (aka Scoble phone) - so in theory i can moblog -  and I'm going to be behind the times before I even caught up :-/

• User profile image
    eagle

With a 512mb SD card you can download Vlogs and watch them on the run.

In this fast passed world you have to keep running just to stay where you are!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.