Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Reference Material

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MattShepherd

Hi All..

I work for Monster Worldwide and we have recently made the move to C# and VS.net 2003.  As we have corp licences for our MS software, we dont get the bundled reference posters, that come with VS i believe?

After visiting the MS site, they are available for north america customers to purchase, but what about the rest of the world?

Can any of you guys at MS help please?

Thanks,

• User profile image
    GrumpyWookie

Yep - would be great to get some posters like that - or even some of the marketing (promo) posters - like you see in the magazine ad/s.

Reference posters would be very useful for walls of the developer areas...

Can you get them in Australia ?!?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

*shrugs*  I got mine with my VS box... I'd phone up your local Microsoft subsidery and see about getting them through there... the software license covers all associated material IIRC/AFAIK, so you should be able to get the extra posters free of charge if you can prove the volume license.

But personally I never really saw the point, I never refer to the posters despite them being all but 3 feet away, if I need to look something up I use the MSDN Library.

Speaking of which, can you buy "updates" for the MSDN Library on DVD? I'm still using the Feb 2003 library.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

W3bbo wrote:
    Speaking of which, can you buy "updates" for the MSDN Library on DVD? I'm still using the Feb 2003 library.

Sure, you can buy the cheapest MSDN subscription: MSDN Library. Price: 200$ for the first year, 100$ for the years after.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/howtobuy/subscribers/msdnlibrary/

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.