Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

VS.net 2003 and ASP.NET

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MattShepherd

Hey,

At work we have a development drive on a remote server.  We use this as a workspace to store sites we are working on.

Does anyone have a simular setup as i seem to have problems with IIS trying to create its virtual folder on my local box, when the project files are on a remote box.

Thanks,

• User profile image
    stephbu

It is doable for quite a few scenarios.  What sort of problems are you getting Matt? 

Some of the issues I've had to deal with before orient around authentication methods, and credentials IIS uses to connect to the 'storage' UNC path.

• User profile image
    MattShepherd

Hi, Thanks for the reply..

First i try setting the Default Web Site in IIS on my local box to point to the remote dev server.  This then gives me a login box when i try browsing.  Neither my network id or the Admin account on the dev box is accepted.. and it returns this error..

HTTP 401.3 - Access denied by ACL on resource

Did i explain that well enough or have i made the whole thing more confusing!?!! Because im now even more lost!!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.