Coffeehouse Thread

53 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Please ban.. EDIT (thanks c9 )

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

I back banning "hello_wtf"

Although, lets face it, it would be naive of us to expect an online forum and wiki to last so long (we've been around what... 6 months now?) without some kind of abuse or "n00bs" joining the fray.

"hello_wtf" hasn't said a single constructive post here, with freedom comes responsibility... The USA is a "free country" (in that it was free from tyranny (thank you John Ashcroft), and its populace have freedom) but isn't free in that you can do anything you want... there are limits that curtail what you can do. And posting flames counts as an abuse of your "rights".

...Why else do you think we have prisons? For impounding those who abuse their "freedom of movement" Smiley

...Even though technically I'm not qualified to say this, seeming as I am a British national, although when I did attend the IS of Manila, our class teacher made us pledge alliegance to both the American and Filipino flags ("one nation under God" my *... the Philippines and the USA are different soverign states)

Digression alert!

....Sorry

So in conclusion:

• a) Ban "hello_wtf"
    • b) Jamie: Remember this: Generic Forum Image
  • User profile image
    jamie

Manip wrote:

Is cheese really a good idea? I mean there must be something healthier you can reward the little guy with..?

well i only know what ive read so far - when it comes to dogs..  and from Top Dogs on tv.. cheese seems to be the reward of choice

i hear ya though - ill make sure its small small amounts

• User profile image
    Manip

Wait... Did someone just use "because I saw it on TV" as an argument for a point?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

hello_wtf wrote:
    Hey Jamie, you kinda look like that jerk Simon on American Idol but with a wig on.

I always thought Jamie looked a bit like James May from BBC's Top Gear.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Hello_wtf ... a little word of advice if I may. You can take or leave it, it's up to you.

I don't know you but you are projecting yourself to by actually quite immature, now I'm sure that’s not the case, but until proven otherwise this is going to be the opinion I have formed of you. If this is indeed the case then I will in future ignore subsequent postings from you whether or not you believe you have anything relevant to say or not. I'm sure others will do likewise.

Generally speaking if you have something of worth to say and you would like others to hear then say it in a reasonable fashion and people are more likely to take note.

Jamie ... nice puppy mate. I wish I had one! But the wife prefers babies. It's hard work being a newly-wed. James May is a cool comparison, I would love his job ... http://www.topgear.com ... what red-blooded male wouldn't?

Beer28 ... mention the word's "Linux" and you shall appear, from now on call yourself 'Linux_Genie'

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Cute Dog, Jamie..

We have a Basset Hound at home. Lovable old guy, but he just commandeers a couch and doesn't give it up.

• User profile image
    Charles

Very cute puppy, Jamie.

hello_wtf, please tone it down (that means please stop offending people with things like "eat me") What's the point of being rude? You can say whatever you want here about Windows, Microsoft, Linux, whatever. Just do so in a respectful way or I will take action.

Keep on posting,

Charles

• User profile image
    jamie

james may?  ...guys im 40 not 60! Wink

i prefer what i usually get: fat timmothy hutton or blues guitarist Gary Moore

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

jamie wrote:
    james may?  ...guys im 40 not 60! Wink

?

According to my information, James May is 42.

• User profile image
    MattShepherd

Cute puppy..

We have a whippet (for the un educated or ignorant, a smaller version of a greyhound)..
    We got her just before xmas 2 years ago, and she leapt from my dads arms Christmas day, slipping on the wooden floor and breaking her leg.  Still having problems to this day, with the metal plate they put it, now causing an open wound that won’t heal.

On the plus side.., after having cats my whole life, dogs are much better company Smiley

Enjoy the puppy!

• User profile image
    Rossj

jamie wrote:
    Gary Moore

A-ha ! That is who I was thinking of, just couldn't put the name to it Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm still looking at the dog... Now for the 30 time or even more... It's soooooooo cute!

• User profile image
    lars

Cute puppy Jamie. Hope all is well with you. As for the flame war on C9, isn't that very 2004? Smiley

/Lars.

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

:: cue applause ::

Lars...wow...long time no post...(understandable, though)...

• User profile image
    Charles

Lars!!!!!

Welcome back Smiley

Charles

• User profile image
    sbc

Last time was in October.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Still looking at jamies puppy. I need also such a nice dog... Where did you get this one?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I said you looked like James May, not Jeremy Clarkson. Wink

EDIT: Clarkson is cool though. One of my favourite quotes (about amateur-tuned cars): "It'll do naught to sixty... once."

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.