Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Help with home wireless rig

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

Hi folks, below is my home setup, I'd like some help to:

I want to start playing X-Box Live games, but not want to shell out the $100 for the wireless adaptor for the X-Box. I have a PC nearby, so can I connect them somehow?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

You can connect your X-box with a network cable.

• User profile image
    Minh

ZippyV wrote:
    You can connect your X-box with a network cable.
    Yeah, my main router is in the office also. I wanted to avoid running 50' of network cable from the office to the living room.

• User profile image
    Minh

Hello-proof

• User profile image
    PeterF

Hi Minh

If you have WindowsXP running on the PC with the wireless adaptor, add a normal wired network adaptor (or use the one allready have inside) and use the Bridge functionality in XP to bridge the wired and wireless connections and use a crossed network cable between the computer and the XBox. That's if your office broadband router acts as a DHCP server. Else use the network sharing functionality instead.

Good luck,
    Peter

• User profile image
    Minh

Thank you Peter. Yes, I'm using XP on the wireless PC, & Yes, yes, my broadband router is DHCP-capable. This is exciting. I only need the crossed cable & I'm set to test it out.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.