Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING ???

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Hey MS guys, why are you just looking at this mess ?

A kid [hello_wtf] with no brain is virtually doing a Denial of Service attact on this forum. Take some good action by blocking him to his browser & IP level.

Dont just sit there, do something.

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Atleast start by cleaning up the mess he made.

• User profile image
    Marsella

I agree. Banning may be harder to implement with proxies and dynamic ip addresses.  However we could hunt him down like a dog and shoot him. 

• User profile image
    PeterF

Ignoring is sometimes a good solution to such types, when they see their efforts don't give them their satisfaction.
    Imagine the work that has to be involved to moderate all channels and threads. Better spend it on more usefull things as going after someone that isn't worth it.

My 2cts

edit: and if you do decide to go after such characters, put them on an ISP ban-list for a year Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

shreyasonline wrote:
    Hey MS guys, why are you just looking at this mess ?

A kid [hello_wtf] with no brain is virtually doing a Denial of Service attact on this forum. Take some good action by blocking him to his browser & IP level.

Dont just sit there, do something.

Btw. there are already a lot threads talking about that problem here... Look first before you create a new thread Smiley

• User profile image
    The Channel 9 Team

We're working on it.

• User profile image
    Charles

He's banned and his threads are gone. Sorry, I was at a meeting or this would have happened sooner.

Charles

• User profile image
    Maurits

Maybe a good time to revisit some of the auto-administration ideas?

• Report post to administrator
    • User "reputation" system allows limited administration by external users
    • If enough people click the "I think this post is abuse" button it gets taken down
    • posts-per-user throttling

• User profile image
    MasterPi

And don't forget the cool lightsaber force rating system used by the forum I subscribe to: www.fxhome.com/forums

Smiley

• User profile image
    MattShepherd

Charles wrote:
    I was at a meeting...

HA! Trying the pull the wool over our eyes and pretend you do any work at MS Smiley  Or was it a "social meeting" Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

Me, work? Fascinating.

I guess it's time that I tell you about Charles. You see, I'm not really a person, per se. 

Charles is an Advanced Multidimensional AI Construct. Pretty good reasoning and learning capability, eh? Wink

There's a few kinks that need to be worked out like a penchant for chaos when it comes to forum administration and a somewhat illogical tendency to assume that respecful behavior in the forums can be learned without the need for strict enforcement of somewhat random principles. 

Smiley

Keep on posting,

Charles

• User profile image
    MattShepherd

ok, you lost me..  you're Charles right?

Smiley

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Hehehehe. This made my day. Smiley

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Argh, any luck on permanantly banning him? He just keeps coming back with a new user name.

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Maurits wrote:
    Maybe a good time to revisit some of the auto-administration ideas?
    • Report post to administrator
    • User "reputation" system allows limited administration by external users
    • If enough people click the "I think this post is abuse" button it gets taken down
    • posts-per-user throttling

That's really a good idea.

• User profile image
    Charles

Willy Duitt wrote:
    Charles wrote: I was at a meeting....

I hope you were in a meeting with the MSNTV2 team and advised them to update their developers site... Smiley
    http://developer.msntv.com/

.....Willy

I have a mail out to the MSNTV Support team. When I hear back I'll share what I learn.

Charles

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Damn, I missed all the fun Sad

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.