Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

MyGeneration Software - Free .NET Developer tool

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MyGeneration

I hope I don't get into trouble here, it says read the fine print before you post, but I didn't see anything about not sharing a free product, so here goes ...

MyGeneration is a 100% free .NET Developer tool capable of generating your stored procedures, html, VB.NET and c# code. In fact, it comes with a free .NET architecture known as dOOdads. MyGeneration supports Access, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2 and MySQL.

For what it's worth ...
    http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/

And despite some of the doubt cast dOOdads is a pretty good little architecture, see this page http://www.mygenerationsoftware.com/dOOdads/dOOdads.aspx and look at the four easy steps that will allow you to create fully functional business entities that read/write/query with strongly typed and string based properties in seconds, for SQL, Access or Oracle, and it's free? Sheeze

Mike Griffin
    MyGeneration Software

• User profile image
    MyGeneration

Any feedback is most welcome, we're constantly improving things based on user feedback

• User profile image
    Knute

"Talking bout my Generation"

~ Knute

• User profile image
    sbc

So has anyone else tried it? Check out the templates and base your own on them (I've got one or two for ASP.NET)

• User profile image
    jj5

You know, I actually came here to flame you for having the audacity to advertise here..

Then I realised that this entire forum is really only a PR campaign for a software vendor anyway..

Then I had a look at the doco for your so called 'dOOdads .NET architecture' and I had some strange emotion, something between disbelief and pity.

I really had to say something, but in many ways I'm just speechless.

John.

• User profile image
    MyGeneration

Well, I'm not sure what the strange emotion was, but remember, it's not the end-all architecture of the world, it does work pretty well, it's really a mechanism to introduce folks into good generation techniques, and we do it in the evenings till 2 in the morning only to help others create better systems.

What MyGeneration is not:
    ------------------------------------
    MyGeneration is not a Framework.
    MyGeneration is not an Architecture.

What MyGeneration is:
    ------------------------------------
    1) MyGeneration is a Development Tool written in .NET, it can generate anything, PHP, HTML, stored procedures, CVS's, XML, Word Documents, ect ...

2) MyGeneration reads meta-data from a DBMS system and combines with it with your User Defined Meta data to generate "things", like Business Entities or XML

3) MyGeneration, although it comes with a free .NET architecture does so only to show what is possible

4) MyGeneration, although it comes with lots of sample templates, does so again to show what is possible

5) MyGeneration uses script, either VBScript, Jscript or even DotNetScript (C# or VB.NET) to generate "things", and it's full script, meaning you can instantiate COM objects via CreateObject(), expose your .NET objects to it via COM Interop and more, there nothing you cannot do.

I am very greatfull that you refrained and managed to temper your response, thanx !!

dOOdads is actually a pretty good little architecture if you take the time to investigate, it turns out to very close in API to Microsoft's Object Spaces only it's available now and for Access, SQL, and Oracle and takes just seconds to create.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.