Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

See SPOT [watch] RESET?!?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    submariner

I've had my Fossil/Abacus SPOT Watch for about a couple months now, and today it did something odd... TWICE... it apparently reset itself or something, as twice I've looked at my watch only to discover it's reset to 0:18 and it's January 1, 2003. What's the deal here? I don't live in a service area (yet), but get service when I travel to Hartford or Providence. So, what's the deal with the resets? it's rather a pain, especially twice in a day. FYI, the battery still shows a 77% charge, so it's not low... nor have I gotten it wet.

• User profile image
    Steven J Ackerman
  • User profile image
    BOFH

That's the kind of flaming that Channel 9 can do without.

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Did someone say flame? I love a good flame.

I'll try to get the SPOT watch team involved here.

• User profile image
    submariner

Thanks.

• User profile image
    sbc

Steven J Ackerman wrote:

A BSOD - haven't seen one of those for a while (except for those Windows 9x machines)

• User profile image
    surferdude

"A BSOD - haven't seen one of those for a while (except for those Windows 9x machines)"

OSX has a nice blue screen. A friend recently got it thanks to poor driver conf config! What comes around and around goes around.

• User profile image
    submariner

It's still resetting at least once a day... Sometimes to Midnight 01/01/2003 or sometimes 3:00am 01/01/2003. I emailed Fossil and all they said was "The watch may reset itself from time to time". Hardly any help.

• User profile image
    pt

it could be a static issue. check out http://www.spotstop.com which has some great forums. i have the suunto and the fossil spot watches, while this hasn't happened to me, some people have reported that. so i suggest calling up, saying you want a replacement.

cheers,
    pt

• User profile image
    submariner

Outstanding! There seems to be a wealth of info on the subject and judging by the symptoms as experienced by quite a lot of people, static sounds right. My only issue is that I leave Connecticut in 16 days on May 11th and won't report to Silverdale, Washington till June 5th. that's a short time to get a watch out and back, and a long time to wait for a fix (if that makes any sense)... I wish it were easier...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.