Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Any luck with "EDIT" 3 week error yet??

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Every post - every edit..  "Script error box..invalid character..etc.

This has been going on for .. a week?

Am i doing something wrong?  ie6/sp2/xppro

• User profile image
    Joe Average

I don't have this error on Firefox 0.8/SP2/XP PRO. I do have the same error when using IE6/SP2/XP PRO...

• User profile image
    sbc

Firefox works for me too (on 2000 SP4).
    Interesting considering MSDN and IE6 are both Microsoft. I'm surprised the rich-text feature works.

Firefox is a lot better at handling JavaScript errors, i.e. they never appear. That does not mean you don't get errors: you can see then if you open the JavaScript console (link only works on Mozilla based browsers).

• User profile image
    jamie

well - question then SBC..

i have "Always show error messages turned on" - for developing webpages..

so does Firefox still error ( in the console) = same thing

I love the site - but man oh man .. a site by microsoft with a script error on every post or edit.. thats like a betty crocker cake with little rocks in it!

• User profile image
    sbc

I get no JavaScript errors in the console window. Debugging is easier in Firefox as the errors are all listed and if you double-click it jumps to the line causing the error in the source code (unlike IE, which often seems to get the line number wrong). It is also interactive as well.

The DOM inspector is also very useful.

I once remember reading somewhere that someone debugged their javascript in Mozilla - yet their site didn't work properly in Mozilla. Quite strange that.

I wonder what the cause of the error in IE is? Doesn't Windows Script Debugger know?

• User profile image
    jamie

3 weeks now

please please ( on knees)

fix the post / edit error - it is not only maddening but looks so dopey on MS ( script errors are the taboo of webdevs - our nemesis! - and this site of developers - made by microsoft - HAS ONE!

* i dont no want to turn off "show all script errors" in IE

• User profile image
    jamie

SP2 RC2 fixed this - thank you

just to clarify though

what ever this was - it came with SP2 RC1 - i had errors for 2-3 months on channel nine - ever reply - every Back button click - every post..

the errors are now gone apon loading rc2

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.