Coffeehouse Thread

129 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How would you like to celebrate C9's 1 Year B-day?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    lenn

Niners -

Just the other day I realized that we are quickly approaching the 1 year anniversary of Channel 9 on April 5, 2005.  We have had so much fun that time has flown and it just feels like we started this little experiment yesterday.

We have learned so much from each other, we have had some fun, and we have also been frank and honest when needed.  This is the way life should be IMHO Wink

So since we all get to keep our jobs and you got a new place to hang out, what do we do to celebrate our first year of life together?  I have a bunch of ideas in my head, but want to hear yours. 

If we could party together on our 1st birthday, how would you like to party, and what can we give you for a birthday gift for helping make this place what it is today? 

And no ... I can't make Windows open source, let me just get that out of the way Wink

Thoughts, Ideas, dreams welcome.

lenn

• User profile image
    eagle

Webcast Party!

• User profile image
    lenn

Aren't those illegal or you have to be 18 or older or something? Wink

• User profile image
    eagle
  • User profile image
    pikatung

Interview with the Bill!

• User profile image
    Manip

Actually getting a C9 toy in the mail Wink

(I send the post-card Sad   )

• User profile image
    Charles

Come on folks! You can do better than this!

• User profile image
    eagle

Let’s roast a penguin! 

• User profile image
    Charles

Beer28 wrote:
    Go interview Paul Allen and ask him what he's up to with his SETI stuff and the civilian space shuttle

And make sure to grab a whole bunch of free NBA and NFL box tickets while you're at it.

I wonder if we could get Paul... That would be fun. Of course, it would have to be filmed on his yacht. Smiley

Great idea. Maybe we should do some sort of Microsoft Founders thing on C9, but that may be hard to pull of for our BDay.

• User profile image
    GurliGebis

Release an .iso for a DVD-R with all the videos and extra stuff on (like the .NET 2.0 framework and the Express installers).
    And some nice sample code for people to play with would be nice too Smiley

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Invite us all to Redmond for the C9 party (everything paid for of course Smiley )!!

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

XBOX PARTY!

• User profile image
    androidi

Well I'll go with Beer here, it's also almost year when some of us suggested getting Bill/Steve interview, but you could ask Paul along too Wink

I think such would also get some attention toward the site, theres many great interviews here but I still think this site has been gone under the radar for many developers. I could be wrong though.

Sure you may throw up some Real party, along with a ch9 real time chat at the ms.com/chats.. But I think many here are not near Redmond so having lucky few party there would hardly be more than party among ch9 crew and select few.

• User profile image
    Charles

If we were to ever get Bill, it would not be a canned speech type of thing. Remember, this is Channel 9...

Keep the suggestions comin'. Make Lenn proud!

C

• User profile image
    eagle

Give Bill the video camera, let him do the interviewing!

• User profile image
    ShadowChaser

Nothing says happy birthday better than prizes Big Smile HP SuperDome anyone?

I've always thought it would be cool to do videos of what neat things Microsoft customers (ISVs) are doing too - but thats not really a birthday sort of event.

Does Bill have a jet? Maybe you could do an interview there, fits the whole Channel 9 theme *grin*.

• User profile image
    Eddie

Wow... That's my birthday too!!!

How about some information on the new features in IE7?
    Software givaway???

• User profile image
    Blkbam

I'll try and combine everyones ideas here...

How about a party at every MS regional office broadcast via a live webcast with:

- DVD Prizes (GurliGebis)
    - C9 guy giveaway (Loadsgood)
    - Random user id giveaway (Minh)
    - a special message from Bill during the party from Allen's yacht (eagle, Beer28)
    - A free copy of One Express product (rtm that is) to the attendies
    - And to top it off.  The announcement of the Spring of Express contest
    - Oh and NO MS BASHING in the forums for a day (we gotta give something back!)

Why so much?  Because you only get one first birthday.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.