Coffeehouse Thread

129 posts

How would you like to celebrate C9's 1 Year B-day?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Dr. Shim

eagle wrote:

Let’s roast a penguin! 

They can get pretty mean when threatened.

Anyway, how about a free Intelli-Mouse/Keyboard combo giveaway for anybody logged in at the time? What you'd have to do is start a thread where people who are logged in can post their address, or maybe set up a temperary Hotmail e-mail address where people can send their info to instead.

That would rock.

Also, a five-minute self-interview from Scoble! Smiley
    ... Or Bill Gates. Whoever is available at the time.

• User profile image
    Dr. Shim

mwirth wrote:
    i'd be interested in an interview with 'the ballmer' !  Smiley

Yeah! I want a recording of him hopping around yelling, "Channel 9! Channel 9!! Give me some more Channel 9!!"

• User profile image
    jsrfc58

GaryBushey wrote:
    1) Trivia contest pertaining to Channel 9 and its content

2) Scavenger hunt (ie where is the 9 guy in his first out of office experience?)

3) Another Coding contest

4) Essay contest (for those unfortunate non-programmers out there)  like "Why Channel9 is the best thing since sliced bread" or "How channel9 has helped me the most"

5) Name that "geek".   Put pictures of people from different videos on a page and have people figure out who they are.

Of course, decent prizes for each.

I second these ideas (and the giant inflatable Channel 9 guy one mentioned by ZippyV).  I think random user ID giveaways would be great, too...but ACTIVE users only (spam appearances do not count).  Or:

0) Burn/distribute all the videos onto DVD for those of us with lousy bandwidth.

1) Go a step further with the "name that geek" idea and have a matching contest where you list something unique about a person at Microsoft, and then try to match it up with a photograph of that person. 

Example: a) Secretly stashes extra donuts in their desk when the company delivers them to their department...matches with...1) JonathanH 

2) As mentioned before, an interview with Allen, Gates or Ballmer...off the cuff, no scripts.

3) How about those t-shirts?

Sincerely,
    jsr $fc58 (300: 20 58 FC)

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Yeah, C9 T-shirts would be cool, even if you don't give them away for free. I'd pay for one. Smiley

I wish there was a way for all of us to meet, but alas...

• User profile image
    rhm

ZippyV wrote:
    Giveaway of carton MS-heroes

Forget the 9-guy. I want Don Box plushies!

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Dr. Shim wrote:
    eagle wrote:

Let’s roast a penguin! 

They can get pretty mean when threatened.

It's time for another cad-comic about violent pinguins!

Why not organize a poll so we can vote for the best idea?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Release video of some top secret project/lair that no one knows about.

Go through MS and get a bunch of shorts from random folk about what they have to say about the  1 year anniversary. Since it seems that many don't know about it, the comments may be funny.

Run a fundraiser for a noble cause.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Sven Groot wrote:

I wish there was a way for all of us to meet, but alas...

The flight there could end up like this.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Charles wrote:

Great idea. Maybe we should do some sort of Microsoft Founders thing on C9, but that may be hard to pull of for our BDay.

I quite like this idea, not for the birthday but a future series, see if you can find everyone in this picture http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=7740 and get an interview of what they are doing now, what they think of how MS turned out etc.

Stephen

• User profile image
    scobleizer

Loadsgood: I could have sworn I sent you one a couple of weeks back. Anyway, just send me your address and I'll get another one sent out. rscoble@microsoft.com

• User profile image
    Marsella

Any C9er thats made more than 10 post's from now get stocks in MS worth 1 million each. Alternativley change the logo for the day like google does on special days.  The first one would be my preference though. 

• User profile image
    Jaz

i'm having a real tough time thinking of what C9 can do for it's birthday.  get togethers are a bit hard since it's an international site, and sure an Xbox live session sounds good but i don't have an xbox.

there has to be something huge that we can all join in on.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Jaz wrote:
    i'm having a real tough time thinking of what C9 can do for it's birthday.  get togethers are a bit hard since it's an international site, and sure an Xbox live session sounds good but i don't have an xbox.

Want to buy one?

• User profile image
    jamie

1. Automatic enrolement in Longhorn Beta / ID emailed to all current registered C9 members

2. IE pre-beta - login emailed to members

3. New C9 feature:  Sort by Author - so C9 can double as a personal -though ms based - blog for members

• User profile image
    rhm

If were talking new features, I'd kill for a usenet style killfile facility right now.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

jamie wrote:
    3. New C9 feature:  Sort by Author - so C9 can double as a personal -though ms based - blog for members

Well, you can go to a user's profile page and get an RSS feed of any posts that user makes - and another for replies. That's almost as good.

• User profile image
    jamie

i still want to go to C9 - not use a reader..
    and they do not display your posts like coffeehouse does.. ( shows the whole thing / no sorting ie; sort by most replies of just you - sort by most views of just you etc

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Rossj wrote:
    Jaz wrote:i'm having a real tough time thinking of what C9 can do for it's birthday.  get togethers are a bit hard since it's an international site, and sure an Xbox live session sounds good but i don't have an xbox.

Want to buy one?

How much?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.