Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Another Hotmail Mystery

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Loadsgood

Spam is possibly the worst invention since the   Apple II. But I use hotmail and don't get any spam at all. What's up with that? Maybe if someone could explain none of us would get any spam while using hotmail. I don't "subscibe" to any of that MSN premium stuff. So maybe one of you c9er's can post your reasons why and we can all make the world a better place Smiley

• Manip

I get spam from these evil people that call themselves "HotMail Staff"

Look at this:

"Learn the Internet Highway Code"

The Internet Highway Code
    Ensure that you & your PC remain protected from viruses, worms and other dangers whilst online by following this simple advice from the 'Internet Highway Code for Beginners'. Find out more here. 

Build up your contacts list
    MSN e-mail makes it easy for you to organize and add new people to your contacts list. The card view lets you view names at a glance without opening a contact. You can also filter alphabetically and sort by favorites, MSN Messenger buddies or MSN Groups. To add new contacts, simply import through the Import Contacts feature or save addresses directly from your inbox or Sent Messages folder. If you aren’t reading this message from within your MSN e-mail account, check it out now.

Did I ask for 'help', no! Can I block it? Certainly not... Does it annoy me.. YES.

• Catatonic

My Hotmail account gets spam, but 100% of it has been getting filtered into the junk mail folder for many months. On the other hand my sister's Hotmail is filled with junk every day. It's puzzling.

• Loadsgood

I don't even get junk email in the junk folder at all. Maybe MSN are testing some beta thing on me and i don't even know it.

• Tejaaa

Catatonic wrote:
    My Hotmail account gets spam, but 100% of it has been getting filtered into the junk mail folder for many months. On the other hand my sister's Hotmail is filled with junk every day. It's puzzling.

Have you looked at the different Junk filter settings available?

Tejas

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.