Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

MS selling hosted services

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    staceyw

Pretty interesting.  MS hosting Exchange, Sharepoint and Communicator for $3/mth/user.
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1474

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Interesting to see how this will work out. I guess we finally see software as a service from MS. Smiley So is MS willing to lose their partners in order to beat google? If this is successful should other partners start to get worried?

• User profile image
    Bass

Interestingly that's probably cheaper then buying the licenses for all that software, let alone hosting it. Last time I checked Exchange CALs cost something around $60 per mailbox! That's already nearly three years, about the time when another Exchange comes out and you have to pay licence fees all over again.

But yes if I was a MS Partner that made my livelihood over services like this - this would be piss off probably enough to sue for anti-trust. Cheers!

• User profile image
    magicalclick

Bass said:
    Interestingly that's probably cheaper then buying the licenses for all that software, let alone hosting it. Last time I checked Exchange CALs cost something around $60 per mailbox! That's already nearly three years, about the time when another Exchange comes out and you have to pay licence fees all over again.

But yes if I was a MS Partner that made my livelihood over services like this - this would be piss off probably enough to sue for anti-trust. Cheers!
    Nah, I will host it myself because the internet bandwidth is not enough for mid size company I work for. Such service is for small business. Once you have more than 30 office workers, you can't let them all using internet to read email, local network is the best solution.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    wisemx

harumscarum said:
    Interesting to see how this will work out. I guess we finally see software as a service from MS. Smiley So is MS willing to lose their partners in order to beat google? If this is successful should other partners start to get worried?
    Active Partners will be receiving incentives. (Mail/e-mail)
    Contact Brad Rozen, he should have tentative details.

• User profile image
    wisemx

wisemx said:
    harumscarum said:
    *snip*
    Active Partners will be receiving incentives. (Mail/e-mail)
    Contact Brad Rozen, he should have tentative details.
    Update, Press release moments ago:
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/jul08/07-08Day1UmbrellaPR.mspx

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.