Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Why do these people get paid?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

Analysts I mean.

BMO Analyst Keith Bachman thinks he knows why the Mac has surged in recent years.  The main reason, of course, is Vista. But what is it about Vista that folk don't like?

"Thus far, user satisfaction ratings for Vista have been weak, and startup times for Vista have been known to be much slower than the Mac OS X," Bachman says. "Thus, more than 50% of recent customers buying Macs in Apple retail stores are first-time buyers."

Thanks Keith.

There ya go folks; OSX starts quicker ... that's why folk are buying Macs.... :-/

As Ars Technica points out, the Mac surge started about the time that Apple switched to Intel; folk are buying Macs because they now have a way back to Windows if things don't work out.

• User profile image
    Dovella
  • User profile image
    stevo_

Dovella said:

I like how his point goes from general disappointment, to an abstract specific point..

P-people .. they just don't like Vista!... an..an..and it starts up slow too!... kinda ..looked at my wife funny once also...

• User profile image
    Dovella

stevo_ said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

I like how his point goes from general disappointment, to an abstract specific point..

P-people .. they just don't like Vista!... an..an..and it starts up slow too!... kinda ..looked at my wife funny once also...

i not know

People dont like Vista,  ,

i not know start up slow etc

I showed that against Vista was made a campaign antifud

• User profile image
    Ray7

stevo_ said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*

Yeah, I should stop posting these; I just have a low tolerance threshold for analysts who get away with making up this kind of crap.

And looking at the responses on the Ars Technica forum .. amazing how many people signed up, just  to rubbish Vista.

Some people have the most peculiar hobbies.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.