Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft RoundTable: Mega cool

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    wisemx

• User profile image
    Ray7

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what it is, and what's so cool about it?

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Ray7 said:

it's round!

And if you miss your flight on your way to Haiti, you can have a last minute meeting with the team you left behind to fix your mess!

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Maddus Mattus said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    it's round!

And if you miss your flight on your way to Haiti, you can have a last minute meeting with the team you left behind to fix your mess!
    Hmm.

Well, it's certainly round, but I think it would be rubbish as a table.

Herbie

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Dr Herbie said:
    Maddus Mattus said:
    *snip*
    Hmm.

Well, it's certainly round, but I think it would be rubbish as a table.

Herbie
    Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Good point... For 1 cup of coffee only...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    wisemx

I'm sorry guys, didn't post specifics because I know how savvy you are. Smiley

Here's the full scoop:
    http://www.microsoft.com/uc/products/roundtable.mspx

Microsoft RoundTable is an advanced collaboration and conferencing device that provides participants with an engaging and immersive remote meeting experience. Used with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 or the 2007 version of Microsoft Office Live Meeting, RoundTable provides a 360-degree view of the conference room, high-quality audio, and video that tracks the flow of conversation among multiple speakers.

With RoundTable, companies can:

• Fully engage all participants in remote meetings. With its 360-degree camera and software that tracks the active speaker in meetings in real time, RoundTable enables remote meeting participants to converse and share information as if they were physically in the same room.

• Make remote collaboration easy. RoundTable plug-and-play functionality and full integration with Office Live Meeting make setup and use simple.

• Transform meetings into corporate assets. With RoundTable and Office Live Meeting, users can record meeting content for later use with one click. Users reviewing the content can at some later time see complete audio, video, and shared content, which enables them to fast-forward or rewind through the meeting on-demand.

• User profile image
    Bas

Ray7 said:

Haven't we had a bunch of videos about this yet? AFAIK, it was a 360 degree camera/mic array that could track who was speaking, and show them on the video feed when they spoke. A camera with sort of an automated cameraman built in, for videoconferencing.

• User profile image
    wisemx

Bas said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    Haven't we had a bunch of videos about this yet? AFAIK, it was a 360 degree camera/mic array that could track who was speaking, and show them on the video feed when they spoke. A camera with sort of an automated cameraman built in, for videoconferencing.
    You Sir are correct. Wink

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Bas said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    A bunch of offices have them around campus.  Pretty cool.

• User profile image
    Ray7

When I look at it, I think

'Dalek after a traffic accident.'

Still, must find one to play around with.

• User profile image
    XaeroVincent

But does it dress upout as an medieval knight and serve Pizza?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.