Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The correct attire for queueing for an iPhone ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

This ain't it .....

Waiting for a phone though ...

Queue for Kylie tickets, maybe ... but a phone?

More at Engadget

• User profile image
    SaraJoRedux

hahah I don't get people that do this., are they going to sell on ebay or something?

dumb.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

The default attire of a "salaryman", as the Japanese call them. Smiley

• User profile image
    stevo_

SaraJoRedux said:
    hahah I don't get people that do this., are they going to sell on ebay or something?

dumb.
    No, they go home with it and do indescribable things to it while thinking this is the closest thing they'll get to 'bedding' jobs..

• User profile image
    Bas

Sven Groot said:

The default attire of a "salaryman", as the Japanese call them. Smiley

I suddenly wonder, maybe this guys' job is waiting in line for an iPhone. Maybe his boss hired him and a bunch of others for this job, and they take shifts every 10 hours.

• User profile image
    Ray7

stevo_ said:
    SaraJoRedux said:
    *snip*
    No, they go home with it and do indescribable things to it while thinking this is the closest thing they'll get to 'bedding' jobs..
    Now I'm feeling ever so slightly queasy .... Sad

• User profile image
    Ray7

Bas said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    I suddenly wonder, maybe this guys' job is waiting in line for an iPhone. Maybe his boss hired him and a bunch of others for this job, and they take shifts every 10 hours.
    ... and his boss is making him wait in a suit?

Wow, that really is sticking to the company line.

• User profile image
    Bas

Ray7 said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    ... and his boss is making him wait in a suit?

Wow, that really is sticking to the company line.

Maybe everybody always wears a suit at work in Japan? According to Sven, this is pretty typical, so maybe this guy thought "Hey, a job is a job," and suited up.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Bas said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    Maybe everybody always wears a suit at work in Japan? According to Sven, this is pretty typical, so maybe this guy thought "Hey, a job is a job," and suited up.
    Salarymen (which basically means, normal employees) nearly always wear a suit. The Japanese love to conform and uniforms are a major part of that. Whether it's a school uniform, or the uniform of a train conductor, a supermarket employee, a crossing guard, or for salarymen the suit and tie, they will wear it religiously and are proud to do so.

I don't think it's very likely that he's queueing up for his boss though. Probably he just went there straight out of work so he would've been wearing the suit anyway.

EDIT: I like how the guy in the white shirt is playing with his current mobile phone while waiting in line for an iPhone. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Ray7

Bas said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    Well I learn something new every day ... Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Ray7 said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Well I learn something new every day ... Smiley

Don't think you can sell it on eBay. Don't you need to activate the new iPhone there and then?

• User profile image
    Minh

Harlequin said:
    Ray7 said:
    *snip*
    Don't think you can sell it on eBay. Don't you need to activate the new iPhone there and then?
    Harlequin said:

You can buy an iPhone w/ an AT&T account for $199. Then cancel the contract which will cost you another $175.

Unlockable iPhone for $374.

Sold on eBay for $500.

Nice profit!

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Minh said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*

You can buy an iPhone w/ an AT&T account for $199. Then cancel the contract which will cost you another $175.

Unlockable iPhone for $374.

Sold on eBay for $500.

Nice profit!
    Wonder if that woman is going to show up with $14,000 cash again only to find out you can only buy one at a time, if there's that limit Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.