Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Deep Photo from Microsoft Research

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    eagle

A cool new toy for your photos

• User profile image
    eagle

Next check-out XRes for some amazing photos

• User profile image
    dentaku

I love this kind of stuff. The whole talk was very interesting mostly because it didn't involve programming an was about image processing and 3D visualization which is something I actually understand Smiley

Being able to create good 3D volumetric textures out of 2D images is so different to the way we used to do it in the 80s.
    The way that large image viewer smoothly transitions from regular perspective view to cylindrical and adjusts contrast  while you move around and zoom is also great. It's so smooth that I think people won't even notice that it's happening because of how natural it is, which is unfortunate in a way because people won't realize the good work that was put into this feature.

• User profile image
    Dovella

Pictomio

Pictomio is Freeware and sets new standards for 3D accelerated browsing of your photo and video collection.
    Pictomio requires a graphics card with ShaderModel 2.0 and a minimum of 128 MB video RAM.

• User profile image
    K0ogle

Dovella said:

Pictomio

Pictomio is Freeware and sets new standards for 3D accelerated browsing of your photo and video collection.
    Pictomio requires a graphics card with ShaderModel 2.0 and a minimum of 128 MB video RAM.

Pictomio.. -installed it, tried it, binned it.

.. what a wasted effort... 3d accelerated browsing.. pffff fluff.. the settings for it are weak.. sure it has some nice touches but nothing to make me want to keep it and why don't they just work on accelerated loading of images..  single image.. goto next image, loading.... finally it displays the hi res filtered image.. go back to previous image.. same thing.. it only just had the previous image in view.. why wasn't that cached!.. why wasn't it calculating the image infront before I clicked on it..  this is just *. Maybe in 3 versions time they might have something worth looking at.

you know I what I use.. i use a very customized xnview.. and I even prefere it over thet lightroom junk from adobe!!<rant> adobe are bloody clueless!

• User profile image
    eagle

Dovella said:

Pictomio

Try SpaceTime, it's a 3D Browser that works very well.

• User profile image
    Dovella

eagle said:
    Dovella said:
    *snip*
    Try SpaceTime, it's a 3D Browser that works very well.

I know thanks: D

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

Thanks for sharing.

More cool stuff leveraging some of the work and minds from the Virtual Earth scientists.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.