Coffeehouse Thread

44 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Best Buy sells Ubuntu

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    corona_coder

Well, victory at last.  Best Buy is selling Ubuntu, I guess they saw how successful our giveaway was when Vista was released.  rj's distro is dead, I have been watching and participating in his forums.  A laughable attempt, but a failure nonetheless.   Rory Blythe has been silenced.  Linux has a higher marketshare than Windows vista so its safe to say I was correct in every way. All of the Linux communities enemies have been fallen.   Stallmans vision shall know world domination.

Prowd gNewSense user and part of the winning team.

• User profile image
    Dovella

people do not want free, why should I pay?

20 minute for start up
    40 minute shutdown
    driver Nvidia were is?

ubuntu = Win 98+compiz (crash inclused)

open office is avaiable for Vista xp etc.
    Gimp its avaiable for vista xp etc, (paint.net win Big Smile )

Ubunt buy only Linyx fun AKA  0.03% marketshare

bye corona

• User profile image
    stevo_

Think I heard about that Linux thing the other week, doesn't sound very interesting though..

Also, the spelling is 'proud', not "prowd" as you used.

But anyway, good luck with this school project your working on, be sure to let us know how it turns out!

• User profile image
    blowdart

Why yes. Because it IS the year of the Linux desktop. All those dells have made it so.

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

You are doing great service to the public, thank you. It's great to have you back, we sincerely missed you.

• User profile image
    Dovella

RoyalSchrubber said:

You are doing great service to the public, thank you. It's great to have you back, we sincerely missed you.
    NOOOOO

not ship in Italy!!!!
    and now????

• User profile image
    Bas

Ah, excellent. I was wondering where these went. Corona's posts never fail to brighten up my day.

• User profile image
    corona_coder

Bas said:
    Ah, excellent. I was wondering where these went. Corona's posts never fail to brighten up my day.
    Whatever.  Ubuntu will outsell Vista, it does already.  Im still contemplating on driving a final nail in the coffin of rj's distro by calling the Software Freedom Law Center regarding his GPL violations or if I should just let it die out on its own.

I have ordered 8 copies of Ubuntu from Best Buy to help keep it alive.  Viva Ubuntu.  One of those copies I plan to mail to Charles and another to Bill Hilf and Microsofts Linux labs.

Prowd gNewSense User

• User profile image
    jamie

corona_coder said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Whatever.  Ubuntu will outsell Vista, it does already.  Im still contemplating on driving a final nail in the coffin of rj's distro by calling the Software Freedom Law Center regarding his GPL violations or if I should just let it die out on its own.

I have ordered 8 copies of Ubuntu from Best Buy to help keep it alive.  Viva Ubuntu.  One of those copies I plan to mail to Charles and another to Bill Hilf and Microsofts Linux labs.

Prowd gNewSense User
    corona coder:  the zdnet forums Mike Cox for C9

• User profile image
    Bass

corona_coder said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

Prowd gNewSense User
    Blasphemy!!!

Your Great Bird is no more! The Gates of the Almighty is the only true path to redemption! The operating system of His Preference is surely Windows! Submit to the True Operating System or perish by the will of the great Mammon!

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

corona_coder said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*

Prowd gNewSense User
    The problem or irony with these Linyx people is they want to take over the world. Yet thats the very thing they say they dislike about Microsoft and accuses them of doing. *shakes head in disbelief*

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I just relized there's no Mark As Spam button? Where the Heck did it go?

• User profile image
    jamie

Harlequin said:
    I just relized there's no Mark As Spam button? Where the Heck did it go?
    i believe it was marked as spam

• User profile image
    Harlequin

jamie said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    i believe it was marked as spam
    How can you tell? The thread shows up the same on the forum, can see the item title. Click on it, can read the idiocy of the first post. Don't see any "Marked As Spam" indicators anywhere.

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

Harlequin said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    How can you tell? The thread shows up the same on the forum, can see the item title. Click on it, can read the idiocy of the first post. Don't see any "Marked As Spam" indicators anywhere.
    I think Jamie ment that the Spam button its self had been marked as spam and thats why you dont see it now days. its a joke.

• User profile image
    spivonious

Why would I buy something that I can download for free?

And anyway, I already have Windows 98.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

spivonious said:
    Why would I buy something that I can download for free?

And anyway, I already have Windows 98.
    "Commercial" Linux distributions often include support contracts, as well as printed documentation and longer-lasting installation media.

• User profile image
    VB Man

W3bbo said:
    spivonious said:
    *snip*
    "Commercial" Linux distributions often include support contracts, as well as printed documentation and longer-lasting installation media.
    One question for Corona: if this is doing so well why did you purchase 8 copies to "keep them alive".

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.