Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Look whose filed under retards

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    foreachdev

http://tinyurl.com/687rp9

Look at the second picture Smiley

Coincidinc I think I not.

Just thought it was cute

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

Actually, it's filed under "special people," not "retards."

• User profile image
    wisemx

I teach my kids to have better manners than this.
    What the heck happened to Integrity?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

wisemx said:
    I teach my kids to have better manners than this.
    What the heck happened to Integrity?

After this and Beers sad return....can we have the spam button back? Don't give a crap what Minh says, we need it.

• User profile image
    foreachdev

Harlequin said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*

After this and Beers sad return....can we have the spam button back? Don't give a crap what Minh says, we need it.

Geez people lighten up. Meant it as a light hearted quip not a religious war. I am firmly in the microsoft camp. Just found it a wierd occurence. A worsethanfailure.com type thing.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

foreachdev said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Geez people lighten up. Meant it as a light hearted quip not a religious war. I am firmly in the microsoft camp. Just found it a wierd occurence. A worsethanfailure.com type thing.

"Retard" is a word used by 9 year olds in the way you used it. Nothing to do with the "Microsoft camp".

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

foreachdev said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Why would you find it weird that Microsoft appears under "special people"? Likely your spouse would fall into this category too, no?

Jonathan Sampson

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Link to tinyurl == fail.

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

PaoloM said:
    Link to tinyurl == fail.
    Why, Paolo? He's taking into consideration the friction and heat generated by your cornea brushing across the inner-surface of your epithelium and trying to eliminate as much unnecessary energy-usage as possible while you read his links. Ooops, I guess I just wasted a lot of it myself with this lengthy message - sorry foreachdev, mission failed.

Jonathan Sampson

• User profile image
    spivonious

jonathansampson said:
    PaoloM said:
    *snip*
    Why, Paolo? He's taking into consideration the friction and heat generated by your cornea brushing across the inner-surface of your epithelium and trying to eliminate as much unnecessary energy-usage as possible while you read his links. Ooops, I guess I just wasted a lot of it myself with this lengthy message - sorry foreachdev, mission failed.

Jonathan Sampson
    The second picture for me is Tom Cruise. lol

Didn't mean to reply to you Jonathan.  Does anyone else find that annoying?  If I'm replying to specific post, chances are I'm going to quote it anyway.

• User profile image
    jonathansam​pson

spivonious said:
    jonathansampson said:
    *snip*
    The second picture for me is Tom Cruise. lol

Didn't mean to reply to you Jonathan.  Does anyone else find that annoying?  If I'm replying to specific post, chances are I'm going to quote it anyway.
    Whenever you click "Respond, or Reply," select the radio button titled "Reply to root," or "Respond to root." I don't browse c9 in english, so I'm not sure which it says, but you'll see the two options just above the textbox.

Jonathan

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Harlequin said:
    foreachdev said:
    *snip*

"Retard" is a word used by 9 year olds in the way you used it. Nothing to do with the "Microsoft camp".

Do you use euphamisms to mask your true meaning?  I don't; I say what I really mean.  If someone suffers from mental or physical retardation, they're a retard.  There's nothing wrong with the medical condition in and of itself.  I hate terms like "Special people" which masks the true intention of the phrase.  Retards aren't special; they're "special needs", but I'll spare you the full rant.

Does that make me a 9-year-old?

• User profile image
    Harlequin

SlackmasterK said:
    Harlequin said:
    *snip*
    Do you use euphamisms to mask your true meaning?  I don't; I say what I really mean.  If someone suffers from mental or physical retardation, they're a retard.  There's nothing wrong with the medical condition in and of itself.  I hate terms like "Special people" which masks the true intention of the phrase.  Retards aren't special; they're "special needs", but I'll spare you the full rant.

Does that make me a 9-year-old?
    Picture of the Microsoft team....and calling them retards. Where's the euphemism in that? That's childish, plain and simple.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Harlequin said:
    SlackmasterK said:
    *snip*
    Picture of the Microsoft team....and calling them retards. Where's the euphemism in that? That's childish, plain and simple.
    I was referring to the use of terms like "Special people".

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.