Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Tin Man, the Mist, Exorcist the Beginning, oh my

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Today I decided to take the day off of everything, no looking at code.  Unplugged the Vonage and havent looked at work e-mail all day.  And I did count how many texts and voicemails I got today, 22.  I squatted on the couch with a 12 pack, some 94% fat free popcorn and those three movies.  First up was the Mist.  Its a Stephen King film and was OK, not the best I had seen but definately worth the video rental price.  The Excorcist was next and being a fan of the original films, Exorcist and Exorcist 3 ( I dont count Exorcist 2 since it was really retarded) I was OK with this film.  It had a tight plot, good actors and a really good scenario and was mediocre scary.  Not a put down at all.  Next up was a Sci-Fi miniseries called Tin Man.   This was the surprise, I wasnt expecting much of this film.  From a network that brought out blockbusters like Alien Apocalypse, Rottweiler and Python vs Boa (I still snicker) I was expecting something retarded.  So I french pressed some great coffee, a Starbucks black apron blend.  Popped some more popcorn and watched it.  To my surprise it was quite good.  Best thing the Sci-Fi channel has produced.  It was interesting as it was a a retelling of the Wizard of Oz with a Sci-Fi twist, yet it was a sequel without corny musical scores and a dancing Scarecrow, lion and a bucket of bolts.  Some drawbacks, it was kind of drawn out, get to the point already.  The high point, the sisters.  The sorceress was that hot in a, sleazy, prostitute, uptight witch look and atittude which was hooooooot.  I like the fiery, rule the world with an iron fist, female Darth Vader type who had bats flying out of her cleavage who sucks the life force out of anyone who gets in her way.  DG, the main character was the more down to earth girl next door type look and cool attitude.  Someone you would just go out and have a beer with and the type you would settle down with and go make babies.  The adventure lies in the sorceress who would make your life interesting and if not, a living hell.  Anyhow, great movie, worth the rental price and great for killing a few hours.  I would definitely watch it again.

• User profile image
    Ray7

What's the point of eating fat free popcorn while drinking 12 cans of beer?

Isn't that a bit like going into a McDonalds and ordering a Big Mac Whopper Gut Buster Special, going double with the fries and then asking for a diet coke?

Yes, Tin Man was very good ...

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Ray7 said:

Isn't that a bit like going into a McDonalds and ordering a Big Mac Whopper Gut Buster Special, going double with the fries and then asking for a diet coke?

I usually hate miniseries and wait for em to come out on DVD before I watch em.  I hate the
    break-come-back-tomorrow-night-get-thrown-another-bone-come-back-again

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Ray7 said:

Not if its LIGHT beer

• User profile image
    kettch

Ray7 said:

Blasphemer!

Whoppers are a Burger King food. Whopper > Big Mac

Tin Man++

• User profile image
    wisemx

Tin Man good, mmmmm, me like.

• User profile image
    XaeroVincent

wisemx said:
    Tin Man good, mmmmm, me like.
    Yeah... I saw the Tin Man miniseries when it first appeared on Sci-Fi.

It was pretty good and Zooey Deschanel was very hot too.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

XaeroVincent said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*
    Yeah... I saw the Tin Man miniseries when it first appeared on Sci-Fi.

It was pretty good and Zooey Deschanel was very hot too.
    Right, that's Trillian in the H2G2 movie... I knew I knew the girl in wisemx's picture from somewhere. Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.