Coffeehouse Thread

50 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Microsoft to build a whole new mouse ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray7

Well, I don't know if it'll be comfortable, but hats off to them for trying to crack a difficult problem; how to make a full size mouse that is also portable.

It doesn't look like it'll use Bluetooth, which is a shame, but then again, not a lot of mice seem to for some reason.

More details at MaximumPC

• User profile image
    Bass

Looks high tech.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

I had a bluetooth mouse once.
    Then I lost it.
    That's the problem with these cordless mice.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Yggdrasil said:
    I had a bluetooth mouse once.
    Then I lost it.
    That's the problem with these cordless mice.
    I like it, but it looks a bit over curved.. I'm still interested in picking one up.

• User profile image
    blowdart

No bluetooth? Then no buy

Plus it looks ergonomically unsafe

• User profile image
    stevo_

blowdart said:
    No bluetooth? Then no buy

Plus it looks ergonomically unsafe
    Who cares if its bluetooth? my mx revolution and dinovo edge are RF.. my old dinovo setup was bluetooth, if anything - bluetooth seems to be the old.

• User profile image
    turrican

I would buy one if it wasn't cordless.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

stevo_ said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    Who cares if its bluetooth? my mx revolution and dinovo edge are RF.. my old dinovo setup was bluetooth, if anything - bluetooth seems to be the old.
    The disadvantage of RF for laptops is that you need a receiver. I use my laptop everywhere - in class, on the bus, in cafes - and I hate having to set things up. Just whip it out and start working. A bluetooth mouse simply works, out of the box. If I have to plug in a USB receiver as well it annoys me. It's a small thing, but enough to get on my nerves.

Of course, since I lost my bluetooth mouse I simply use the trackpad, and I'm fine with that, too.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Yggdrasil said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    The disadvantage of RF for laptops is that you need a receiver. I use my laptop everywhere - in class, on the bus, in cafes - and I hate having to set things up. Just whip it out and start working. A bluetooth mouse simply works, out of the box. If I have to plug in a USB receiver as well it annoys me. It's a small thing, but enough to get on my nerves.

Of course, since I lost my bluetooth mouse I simply use the trackpad, and I'm fine with that, too.
    Most computers still don't have bluetooth built in (laptops sure), the receivers for bluetooth and rf are identical in size (a little usb dongle), and they both do the same thing, and abstract the interface to the PC, so it just sees that a mouse is connected..

• User profile image
    K0ogle

if the sensor is at the front of the mouse on that arc mouse i suppose it would make a bit more accurate I've always disliked the optic sensor being in the middle of mouse body directly under your palm... just the way you move the mouse and select its far more natural having the sensor nearer the fingers than under your palm, if its nearer the finger tips you get more control and cover more distance in arcing your hand left-right that in itself makes things better.

other than that though it looks to be sh\t.. its not exactly look comfortably shaped around the sides and even the arc height looks to bit a too high but its hard to judge just looking at pictures.. I wonder how many times it will get broken.

what about this new 'revamped' sh/t brick of mouse, it was featured just above the arc mouse news posting on the same site:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/sidewinder_gaming_mouse_gets_revamped_new_x5_model

fking pathetic init!

'MS 3.0' was the last decent mouse MS ever made ergonomically and in function tbh.. and even that paled in comparison to the Logitech G5 imo

• User profile image
    wisemx

I'd still like the inside info on why Microsoft isn't selling the Optical Trackballs anymore.
    By far they are the best pointers I use with Wacom tablets.
    I guess some artists had a hard time keeping them clean but for me it's no problem.
    Absolutely love them and really want to see new versions. Highly accurate.

• User profile image
    blowdart

stevo_ said:
    blowdart said:
    *snip*
    I care, I don't want or *need* a usb dongle just to talk to a mouse. I already have bluetooth built into my laptop.

• User profile image
    XaeroVincent

blowdart said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    I care, I don't want or *need* a usb dongle just to talk to a mouse. I already have bluetooth built into my laptop.
    I hate wireless peripherals, such as mice and keyboards.

Recharging batteries suck.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Still using mice, eh? How terribly quaint. Wink

• User profile image
    wisemx

AndyC said:
    Still using mice, eh? How terribly quaint. Wink

If I asked you to draw a happy young girl sitting on a fence, in Expression Design, what would you use?

• User profile image
    AndyC

wisemx said:
    AndyC said:
    *snip*

If I asked you to draw a happy young girl sitting on a fence, in Expression Design, what would you use?

Stylus

• User profile image
    Itslloydhere

AndyC said:
    wisemx said:
    *snip*
    Stylus

Yay for styli! (is that the plural?)

Doesn't really look too comfy. Still, looks good...

• User profile image
    wisemx

Itslloydhere said:
    AndyC said:
    *snip*
    Yay for styli! (is that the plural?)

Doesn't really look too comfy. Still, looks good...
    I hate those things, can't draw cartoons at all with those. Sad

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.